Progress Thread She’s a runner

• Sponsors (?)

This was my next step, something to note is I did not have belt slippage issues... I also applied belt dressing liberally
I’m not noticing slippage in the datalog but I am noticing belt dust. I have used dressing and it helped but didn’t seem to help long term. I also may get a machined snout and smaller pulley and might as well take advantage of that custom crank pulley

A smaller pulley may make the issue worse but going to 8 rib may offset that. Imo I would redo the inlet tract first, if you have a way to monitor vacuum in the inlet side we can see how much of a restriction the current setup is.

Reactions: 1 user
A smaller pulley may make the issue worse but going to 8 rib may offset that. Imo I would redo the inlet tract first, if you have a way to monitor vacuum in the inlet side we can see how much of a restriction the current setup is.
I don’t disagree at all. I have all these ideas in my head. It’s nothing I’m doing right away. Winter project will definitely be the inlet and maybe the snout and pulley.

I looked back a bunch of pages to find pics, that looks like a lot of belt wrap.
I'd be kinda surprised if it was slipping.
you may be right, there is a lot of belt dust though. I didnt post a pic but i'm actually using a bigger idler to the left of the blower and it wraps even more. The blower pulley and crank are for an 8 rib belt so i might as well get the rest of the pulleys and run an 8 rib. If anything it wont look like I'm running the wrong belt and it certainly wont hurt.

I did this and I did get less belt dusting.

Attachments

• 3AA57121-DF08-49E1-B07C-45438F345426.jpeg
    3AA57121-DF08-49E1-B07C-45438F345426.jpeg
    350.9 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: 1 users
Well , can't get much better wrap then that.
What about trying a different type of belt?
When I had my various supercharger set-ups I remember people having good
luck with the Gates fleet runner belts.

Well , can't get much better wrap then that.
What about trying a different type of belt?
When I had my various supercharger set-ups I remember people having good
luck with the Gates fleet runner belts.
I am running a Gates belt for superchargers. Not the green belt though. I think the 8 rib will solve any issue I'm having if its actually slipping. I don't mind the work and the pulleys were less than $100 and it'll look more complete with the whole pulley being utilized.

Reactions: 2 users
Water pump pulley was a bit of work. It’s a 1/2” bigger, water pump pilot hole was way big and bolt pattern different. Some lathe work and welding required. There was a huge lip on the back side I had to turn off. It’s about .032 from the crank pulley which means I need to remove to put belt on.

Attachments

• E745F9A1-C9FE-418D-8806-50030DBEB613.jpeg
    E745F9A1-C9FE-418D-8806-50030DBEB613.jpeg
    599.2 KB · Views: 78
  • 66D1E4C9-45F0-4BF6-A983-090BB2C473B4.jpeg
    66D1E4C9-45F0-4BF6-A983-090BB2C473B4.jpeg
    458.4 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: 1 users
Just waiting on one more idler and p/s pulley puller my brother borrowed but I did get things mocked up. Had to move the alt. back a bit.

Attachments

• C43D5E67-9002-4A9D-B865-C6AF70F8EBB7.jpeg
    C43D5E67-9002-4A9D-B865-C6AF70F8EBB7.jpeg
    446.7 KB · Views: 85
Well I got the pulley off and it fought me the whole way. But good news is the new pulley is smaller so I will order a reamer to get it opened up to the right diameter for a press fit.