Officially sold my 1971 mach 1 to restore my barn find. pics!

67428CJ

Feb 28, 2006
finally talked my self into. sold my 71 mach 1 i've had for four years, bought it when i graduated high school. but last summer i bought my 1967 fastback and i've been thinkin about selling that mach ever since. now my 67 will be going to the resto. shop. my reasoning was simple once the 67 is done i'd never drive the 71 again lol. heres a couple pics let me know what ya think.
what i sold:
View attachment 484845
what i found:
inbarn2.jpg

inbarn.jpg

outofbarn.jpg

fastback1.jpg

fastback.jpg

Attachments

• inbarn2.jpg
    inbarn2.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 169
  • inbarn.jpg
    inbarn.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 172
  • outofbarn.jpg
    outofbarn.jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 158
  • fastback1.jpg
    fastback1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 160
  • fastback.jpg
    fastback.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 163
  • Sponsors (?)

wow thats tight. I wanna put shelby stuff on my 68 I found as well. Mine wasn't a find like yours but i've been waiting to find a Fastback and i saw an ad in a newpaper for a 68. Mine was sitting in a barn from a while as well before the guy i bought it off of bought it then it sat infront of his barn for a while.

Hows the interior look? You find any dead mice and stuff in yours?

hey guys,
the interior was actually in very good shape seats are perfect, the only place we found a mouse nest was in the glove box, but no mice. and the mach 1 was all original with like 64,000 miles on it. needed a new paint job to be a real good show car. but i was able to get a little over 10 for it.

67428CJ said:
hey guys,
the interior was actually in very good shape seats are perfect, the only place we found a mouse nest was in the glove box, but no mice. and the mach 1 was all original with like 64,000 miles on it. needed a new paint job to be a real good show car. but i was able to get a little over 10 for it.
Does it run? how long did it sit in there for? i wanna put Shelby stuff on my 68.

I found a dead mouse in my exhuast, when i was throwing it in the dump a dead mouse came out.
I found a medium sized mouse nest with 2 dead mice behind the backseat, i guess no one had moved that seat for some time lol

Then on the side panels behind where the brake cooler inlet would be i found explosives on the driverside and another huge mice nest on hte passengerside with more explosives. I can't indentify the explosives cause they had been there a long time but they had the wick coming out the side of them and they were about 3 inches long and an inch thick

actually it's totally in pieces now. and the only nest that was found was behind the glove box. inside the glove box we found the original owners manual but it smells horrible of mouse P1ss. lol it's probably sat for about 2 years the guy told me. it was locked up pretty bad when we tried to push it out of the barn. but we got it. so i'm gonna have the motor torn down rebuilt, remachined, and the tranny will also have a go-over. already replaced all break lines and breaks, rotors all that good stuff. she rolls good now. started motor once. it's a beast it had dual exhaust that came out in front of the rear tires on both sides with 6'' pipe on each side. sounded BAD (in a good way) so hopefully it won't need much when it's redone.

Wow, there is no way I would sell that beautiful 71 Mach for a 67 Barn find; but I wish you the best in your project. I'm sure you will end up with a nice stang you will be proud of.

u will want it back in about a month i sold my 72 fastback i worked on when i was a senior 2001 i reasoned with myself that it was still in poor shape under the body work! so i sold it as a parts car i wish i still had and i only sold it a few months ago!!