ok, getting ready to buy a re-man motor, what should get beefed up to run a BD11

carbed87

Jun 5, 2005
lol, ok i dont have a lot of time because im still working out of town (show-low AZ to be exact) and im sitting in front of a best western stealing they're interweb, but after this trip it will be time to get a motor for teh cah. though i'd really like to save the money and build the motor myself, i have neither the time or the knowelege right now to do it, so im pretty sure im just going to order a re-manned crate e7 motor or exploder motor from somewhere. the thing is, later on down the road (like in a year or two) i have plans on putting a powerdyne BD11 on it, or a similar style vortech, so i was just wondering what exactly i should be getting beefed up in order to do that.

any insight would be great, so i'll have to check back tomorrow (lol sorry i havent been on lately, MOB, sucks about your car man, very sorry) at some other random hotel parking lot.

so yeah, thanks guys,
mike

• Sponsors (?)

mattmcdan said:
Seems like it may need moved to tech section and edited a bit.

I had considered that option as well but it's a silly question (coming from carbed) that he already knows the answer to. In addition, aside from the basic question itself, the thread and first post contain useless information for the purpose of the post.

Lastly, if he's away then he's not in a postion to do any work to the car anyway soooo.... :rlaugh:

Aside from posting a Hoff pic... I figured a nice padlock would do. :D

I had a BD-11A on my old car. The only thing I would upgrade is the fuel system to 24lb. injectors and a 190 or 255 fuel pump. The motor should be more than able to handle it since they do not put out an enormous amount of boost, usually 8lbs. on a nice cold day and 5-6lbs on hotter days. You should be fine.

cool thanks man, i figured since it's going to be a fresh motor anyways i should be in good shape. lol i just dont want a replay of the trans am lol. and daggar, if this was supposed to be a funny question, then i would have definetly spiced it up. however since im asking a real question, i dont really see the humor in it :shrug:. i know i cant work on my car now, but since im away working, all i do is think about my car, so it'd be nice to get a gameplan going, not to mention getting a ballpark on what extra things im going to need to get. because if i have dont have enough money, i can do this same "going out of town" thing for three more weeks and scoop up the extra dough.

lol and the hotel fixed they're stupid interweb, so no more stealing it!

ryan218 said:
:sad: i wish i was closer.I would take your stock engine off your hands.

it's an e6, why the hell would you want it anyway. plus, im trying to stock up in useless fox junk right now, so anything mootang oriented i get, im not selling....accept for my basketweaves.

well, i like to get the final word. hell, when i put the paxton on the t/a, i was 100% confident that it would hold it, but it didn't. so im not second guessing myself, just getting others opinions. lol this may sound wierd, but i do belive (mustang related or not) that most of lifes questions can be answered on stangnet because of the gethered knowlege and experience of others. maybe they know something i dont know :shrug:. you never know. but yes, i can now see how you would think i was kidding.