Ok...so I have been so frustrated getting over 400rwhp..I may just go for 500. Howto?

• Sponsors (?)

Why are you worried about losing low end torque with a huge 414"?

Why not figure out what the problem is, why you're making 302 like #'s with it?

Whats a "586 lift" cam?

36's ain't gonna cut it, fwiw. My 30's are 100% maxed out with my lil 347 and you're shooting for 100 more hp than what i'm estimated at.

Good questions and thanks. I think I know why I am making 302 numbers now..its the heads. They only seem to be good to 358rwhp lol. Well, at least that is what Rick and SGS thinks.

I have to look up and see how far 36# goes. I thought there was a chart around here somewhere. Here's my specs Grn:

Here are my specs:

414ci 10.45:1comp

Hyd Roller CAM SPECS @ .050" .586/.584 248/254 108cl 112lsa (power will be around 3200-6500rpm)

ProComp Heads 210cc, 60cc chamber 2.05 int x 1.60ext

1.60" Rockers

Edelbrock VICTOR intake

80mm TB

90mm Lightning MAF

36# inj, flow tested/matched

stock rails

255 lph FUEL PUMP

I'll check that out RoushTbird. Rick suggested the pro-comps as a cheaper solution. I needed to save a little money on the build..somewhere... He thought I would get at least close to 400rwhp but no luck.

Hey poka, I see 2 problems, 1 being those injectors are too small (grn hit it on the head) and 2 the heads. up your injectors to at least 42#, and those 225 AFR's should wake up the rest of the combo. I would also start looking into a better fuel delivery system, I'm sure the stock system is adequate, but at those power levels and that comp. ratio I would want to be better than adequate.

I've been following your thread on corral for a while and I think the heads alone are going to make a huge difference!! I also agree that you will need atleast 42lb injectors but I would probably go for some 50lb's just to make sure. I think that will give you a good start but then I believe a set of headers will be in order. I would think you will need atleast a 1 3/4 longtube if not a 1 7/8 with a 3" exhaust.

This combo might scare you when your finished!!

I've been following your thread on corral for a while and I think the heads alone are going to make a huge difference!! I also agree that you will need atleast 42lb injectors but I would probably go for some 50lb's just to make sure. I think that will give you a good start but then I believe a set of headers will be in order. I would think you will need atleast a 1 3/4 longtube if not a 1 7/8 with a 3" exhaust.

This combo might scare you when your finished!!

I hope it will scare me! That is what I am looking for. :)

I have to look up and see how far 36# goes. I thought there was a chart around here somewhere.

Hey Keith :D
Long time no talk to :(

Said it before :)

Will say it again ;)

I gotta call :bs: on those charts you find at various places on the net :notnice:

Just too many variables :crazy:
that come into play when you look to make serious hp :Word:

Talk to some who have actually made the power you are looking to make :nice:

They'll be able to tell you info about inj size you can trust in :)

Yes ... as others have said ... I'd say 36's are too small in this case

Grady

My guess is the AFR's and 42# injectors will get you somewhere between 430 and 460rwhp. You'll have basically the same engine as me at that point. I have a couple little things done that should add a few hp, but I don't know how much. I have a windage tray installed, my intake has been decked to line up perfectly with the heads, the upper and lower are port matched, and the tb opening is 80mm instead of the stock 75mm. My heads were also rebuilt and Ed Curtis said they may flow slightly more than stock. My cam has more lift and less duration with a 114LSA.

Threadjack: Would it be worth it to have my lower intake port matched to the heads? The ports could be opened up a good bit IIRC. It looks like the ports on the heads (or maybe the intake gasket) are 1.400" x 2.250" and the intake exit ports are 1.20" x 2.00".
http://airflowresearch.com/225sbf_rh.php
http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive_new/mc/manifolds/ford/victor_58l.shtml