OMG Just went through a puddle, sucked in water, now the engine is CLANKING F**K

OrangeMustangGt

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2002
Cape Cod, MA
dammit. I think i may have snapped a rod or something. I just went through a DEEP puddle, and now its clanking VERY loud, something is serously broken in there. Now i guess i need some more info on swapping in a explorer engine, right now that seems to be the best route. Anyone tell me what (possibly list?) what is involved, and what cam should i buy, cause i guess the exploror has a different firing order. anyhow, i do know ill need p headers but oh whell. Thanks guys.

• Sponsors (?)

Did you try taking the spark plugs out then cranking it over a few times? That will push the water out of the cylinder, like someone previously said, might just be hydrolocked. I wouldn't do anything else till that is accomplished. Good luck man, later

nope it may have hydrolocked, which snapped something in my engine, cause it sounds like one of those party favors which you spin around and it clicks, only VERY LOUD!! something nodoubt IS broken. SUCKS !! oh whell, i just bought a explorer motor

stang976 said:
hhaha VIPER any good car shows in Poughkeepsie...i just got my new stang on the road and want to find some better shows to take her to, and poughkeepsie is only 1/2 hour away
eh....lots of people hang out at Dunkin Donuts on Rt 9 so hot cars, mostly imports but the guys are really cool for the most part....not too much around here...lots of HOT cars in Spring Valley though (Vipers, TT Supras etc...)

Anthony

Does your cold air intake extend into the fender? I've been thinking about getting one but haven't because I'm afraid of doing this very thing. A friend of mine who owns a shop that works on Fords has had to replace several engines in cars because the cold air kit allows water to be sucked into the engine resulting in bent rods. Anyone else have this happen?

horsesnake95 said:
Does your cold air intake extend into the fender? I've been thinking about getting one but haven't because I'm afraid of doing this very thing. A friend of mine who owns a shop that works on Fords has had to replace several engines in cars because the cold air kit allows water to be sucked into the engine resulting in bent rods. Anyone else have this happen?

Usually the wheel well liner protects it really well, If everything is intact. Keeps almost all major water out of it, aside from a slight misting.