" Ooh F**k!, Ooh s**t! The universal words heard behind the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarMichael Angelo

my rearend will smell so minty fresh,
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Birmingham, al
So I'm watching you tube " Cars and Coffee" fails, and almost universally, that's what you hear when some dude rolls out of C&C in his * insert exotic/ high dollar resto, and either stupidly gets on the throttle in a turn, or waits till he gets straight, nails the throttle, and like some sort of magic force just acted on him,........loses control of the car.

Then,..it's Ooh S**t!, Ooh f**k! From the camera guy, and a whole mob runs over with smart phones in hand, just so they can add a video of the collision damage to their individual data plans.

Firstly,...what happens with these guys that a straight, tire shred ends up in an almost 90 degree turn into the crowd, or oncoming traffic? In all my years of street hero stunts, if the car is boiling it's tires, I'm still going forward. ( might have to drive it a little though). It looks like in almost every case, this is the first time some of these guys have experienced wheel spin,...and......How does a car like a Huracan, with traction control, and in a lot of cases AWD even get into tire spin? And even when it does.....lifting, and standing hard on those massive brakes can give you brain trauma..Yet here they are,..almost rolling under power right into another car....like a suicide pilot.
Any pin head that has 600 plus hp, packaged in a $400k carbon fiber shell and decides that on this day, he's gonna turn off the traction control to showoff for the drooling mob....deserves what he gets.

That's al I gotta say about that..

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
  • Sponsors (?)

I typically won't watch the burnout or showing off fails.
I guess I just feel lucky it didn't happen to me as a kid, because it really could have...

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I typically won't watch the burnout or showing off fails.
I guess I just feel lucky it didn't happen to me as a kid, because it really could have...

Same. I can recall the times that I should not have been able to pull that off :rlaugh:

I have to wonder how it occurs to folks to try it for the first time, at a crowded event. :oops:

They're maroons, that's really all there is to it. And now it's on video and posted to YouTube to prove to the world how dumb some of these ****ers really are.

I wasn't there to see it in person, but WAY back in high school someone did the same thing during lunch one day. He ended up sliding his Chevelle into a telephone pole and totalled the car. Some people are just dumb, no 2 ways about it - and it seems that those types of people are the ones who have the most offspring because the world is FULL of them.

It makes me feel bad because I was always lucky, too. I did dumb stuff in powerful RWD cars as a young man, never had any YouTube worthy fail moments. I also watched a friend in high school wrap a Dodge Stealth R/T around a large tree doing a burnout from a stop. He had it less than a week, it still had temporary plates on it. He was fine, car was a loss. Still makes me nauseated thinking about it. Luck of the draw, I suppose.

One of the reasons I no longer have my 2014 Mustang is the traction control system. I like to screw around and get the car out of sorts, just part of what I do on a deserted road with a few bends.
It goes like this. Turn in - hammer gas - rear end out - counter steer - click, whir - car lurches toward the side of the road.
The stupid traction system saw me turn the wheel toward the side of the road (countersteering the slide) and used it's powers to make the car jerk in that direction. So, shutoff the TC system. Well, the car decides I'm driving like a fool and turns it back on even though the light still indicates it off. F**k that car.

We all make bad decisions every once in awhile. Some of us are just lucky there wasn't someone around with a camera to see it and record it.

I was exceptionally capable of making bad decisions when I was younger but luckily I never wrecked any of my mustangs. Many other vehicles, but never my mustangs.

One of the reasons I no longer have my 2014 Mustang is the traction control system. I like to screw around and get the car out of sorts, just part of what I do on a deserted road with a few bends.
It goes like this. Turn in - hammer gas - rear end out - counter steer - click, whir - car lurches toward the side of the road.
The stupid traction system saw me turn the wheel toward the side of the road (countersteering the slide) and used it's powers to make the car jerk in that direction. So, shutoff the TC system. Well, the car decides I'm driving like a fool and turns it back on even though the light still indicates it off. F**k that car.

My F250 is like this. There are three levels of traction control that you need to turn off and it still intervenes when wheel speed goes above 35mph. I have a wheel sensor wired through a relay that is wired to one of my upfitter switches so I can disable it. When you do this, the computer disables all traction control and allows you to do what you want :nice: It's especially useful when you are driving in sand.

I've only had one youtube worthy fail. I went bush surfing at walmart. Partly due to alignment issues....more power than expected....non sorted out tune....and stupidity. Took 25yrs to catch up to me....but it happened. I'm not proud :runaway:

I've only had one youtube worthy fail. I went bush surfing at walmart. Partly due to alignment issues....more power than expected....non sorted out tune....and stupidity. Took 25yrs to catch up to me....but it happened. I'm not proud :runaway:
Uhhh,..IIRC,..you had some loss of control issues that messed up some part of your front bumper in the recent past...:leaving:;)

You have the hold the button for 5 seconds to turn it off completely, otherwise it will let you do burnouts, but kick in when the car slides sideways at all.

So, you got rid of the car for nothing, lol. Whoops.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 users
You have the hold the button for 5 seconds to turn it off completely, otherwise it will let you do burnouts, but kick in when the car slides sideways at all.

So, you got rid of the car for nothing, lol. Whoops.

Really ... wow I guess I should've read the manual ... duh.
Wrong! It kicks itself back on without telling you no matter what. Screwed me on many autocross runs, even when I did the 5 second deal. It has something to do with the ABS module. You can either put a BOSS 302 ABS module in or disable the module. If you do either one, you get ABS warning lights. With the BOSS module, at least you have ABS. But there is absolutely no way to prevent it from re-enabling with the stock ABS module functioning. The forums say it is ABS activation that re-enables it, but I had it re-enable when I was doing donuts. Stopped for a minute, hit it again and TC was on with dash showing TC off. Didn't use ABS.
Whatever the case, if I didn't sit stopped (I think it required foot on brake also) for 5 seconds and disable the stupid thing and just wanted to have fun for a second on the way home, it was more dangerous than not having traction control at all.
It had other traction control problems also. If the first significant acceleration I did involved turning, it would initialize incorrectly and go into stupid mode. It would start modulating one front brake hard once I hit 50. So, me pulling onto the road in front of my house, then accelerate to 50 and front brake starts pulsing. Have to stop, turn off car, restart, then I can go over 50. Happened at least once a week when I drove it daily. Seems like it's a known issue, just not gonna be fixed I guess. Made the car annoying to me. I traded it in for an F150. Thought I would miss it, don't really.
Crappy TC made the car not fun. I couldn't screw around without pre-planning to screw around. I can also see how someone could get tossed into a curb trying to pull out of a Cars and Coffee if they had that POS TC on.

I've had a couple hairy situations, but never in the burnout/crowd surfing kind. I don't race with people in front of me. I don't understand why anyone with half a brain would stand there.

Reactions: 1 user
I did all kinds of dumb stuff to so I don't down on them. When I watch those videos I think the people who look the worst are the people asking it to happen then running to record and saying how dumb the guy was. They look much more stupid to me.

My incident only had one witness...he was way back behind me taking a smoke break and talking on his phone. For months I thought it was going to show up in the interwebs mustang fail vids. Would've been kinda funny seeing me back off the curb, throw my front lower bumper in the car, and pull off dragging a demolished cobra fog light. The turbo sounded great before Jesus took the wheel. :burnout:

I did all kinds of dumb stuff to so I don't down on them. When I watch those videos I think the people who look the worst are the people asking it to happen then running to record and saying how dumb the guy was. They look much more stupid to me.

Not even a comparison.

People have watched idiots do dumb :poo: since the beginning of time. Particularly, when said idiot broadcasts his intentions ahead of time.

It takes a special kind of stupid to go out and spread it all over a road lined with targets.

Reactions: 1 users
CarMichael,

I just watched a few of them after reading your post. Wow, I have no words. Incredibly stupid. I did some dumb things in my late teens/ early 20s, but thankfully had more control than those idiot's. Also never did that kind of stuff in heavy traffic like that. If something went wrong I was only going to kill myself, not some innocent person.

Wow..

Reactions: 1 user
Status
Not open for further replies.