• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-

Overhaulin'

  • Thread starter Thread starter 67GTA-FB429
  • Start date Start date Dec 14, 2004
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
6

67GTA-FB429

Member
Dec 15, 2003
777
0
16
Tri-Cities, Wa
Dec 14, 2004
#1
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #1
On Overhaulin' tonight, Foose is doing a 1970 Mustang. From the previews I saw it looked like it had a BOSS 429 scoop...could it be that a 429 is getting redone by a master??
 
U

UNVMATT

New Member
Jan 15, 2004
294
0
0
COLUMBUS
Dec 14, 2004
#2
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #2
Sweet
I love that show.. Foose is a bad mofo!!!
The 66 fastback that he done looked awesome...With that Zhead crate motor and Gforce tranny...awesome!
 

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
2,458
1
56
North Atlanta
Dec 14, 2004
#3
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #3
That show use to be really good.....but I think it has gone down hill a bit. The builds and craftmanship are still top notch; however, I dont like to see cars being stolen from 'movie stars' or other 'famous people' that are rich, only to be rebuilt for free when they can afford to have them "done."

I still watch it faithfully though.

my $.02
 

Max Power

Active Member
Jul 31, 2003
1,774
1
36
St Paul
Dec 14, 2004
#4
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #4
I think that is the car they did at SEMA. It wasn't a 429 car.

I would rather the show just concentrate on cars. I am not a fan of spokespeople from a model agency trying to craft some drama into it. I guess they gotta add some spin for the non-car people watching.
 

mdjay

Premium Sponsor
Dec 9, 2003
896
0
16
Las Vegas, NV
Dec 14, 2004
#5
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #5
Yes they did the car live at SEMA. Nope, not a 429. It had a 460 in there before they got ahold of it. Then they dropped a 514 crate motor in. The car has a one off set of rim close to the PS gt40's, but they're 19's in front and 20's out back. The son of the guy works for me.
 
6

67GTA-FB429

Member
Dec 15, 2003
777
0
16
Tri-Cities, Wa
Dec 14, 2004
#6
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #6
Max Power said:
I think that is the car they did at SEMA. It wasn't a 429 car.

I would rather the show just concentrate on cars. I am not a fan of spokespeople from a model agency trying to craft some drama into it. I guess they gotta add some spin for the non-car people watching.
Click to expand...

While Courtney is nice to look at, she really adds nothing to the show.

I liked the Armstrong car, but agreed he could afford to pay for the work (or Sheryl could), bu tit was nice becuase it highlighted the LAF and Livestrong.
 

mdjay

Premium Sponsor
Dec 9, 2003
896
0
16
Las Vegas, NV
Dec 14, 2004
#7
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #7
 

Attachments

  • 70fb514.webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 2,153
U

UNVMATT

New Member
Jan 15, 2004
294
0
0
COLUMBUS
Dec 14, 2004
#8
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #8
Thats top notch..But I dont care for the color..

I agree..Why fix up peoples cars who can afford.. Lance Armstrong, Ian Zeiring, etc..

Kinda like on Tuner Transformation on the speed channel... A few months ago they took a rich dudes Escalade and put 6K worth of rims/tires on it...and he didnt really appreciate it at all..

I think they all should stick to fixing up cars for people that cant really afford it.. Kinda like "Pimp my ride".
 
0

01'TRUE BLUE GT

Founding Member
Dec 30, 2001
4,984
0
0
Pittsburgh, PA.
Dec 14, 2004
#9
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #9
I love the show, but I'm not crazy about how Foose over does it with his "bling-bling" wheels all the time. Look at the '67 Skylark they just did, the car looked awesome when finished, but the wheels ruined it!

Foose has tons of talent, but I think he should start leaving the wheels up to somebody else.
 

allcarfan

The Answer Man
Founding Member
Apr 8, 2001
2,458
1
56
North Atlanta
Dec 14, 2004
#10
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #10
I will stick with pimp my ride...LOL
 

Max Power

Active Member
Jul 31, 2003
1,774
1
36
St Paul
Dec 14, 2004
#11
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #11
Blech on those wheels, blech on the stripes....

Blech...

Zoot city.
 
R

restomod22

New Member
Mar 26, 2004
87
0
0
Cincinnati, Oh
Dec 14, 2004
#12
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #12
those wheels have got to go.....too much bling bling
 
6

67GTA-FB429

Member
Dec 15, 2003
777
0
16
Tri-Cities, Wa
Dec 14, 2004
#13
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #13
Max Power said:
Blech on those wheels, blech on the stripes....

Blech...

Zoot city.
Click to expand...


I agree on the wheels, too much bling. But I like the paint.
 
6

67GTA-FB429

Member
Dec 15, 2003
777
0
16
Tri-Cities, Wa
Dec 14, 2004
#14
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #14
OK. Now that I actually saw the car on the show...pretty sweet, the rims looked better but still not right. Best part was that they could have gone blown 351, nitrous 347...NO, stroked 429 = 514ci from Ford Racing!! Big Block baby!!
 

Cobain03

Active Member
Aug 27, 2003
996
0
36
Lexington, Ky
Dec 14, 2004
#15
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #15
oh my god! a 69/70 is my dream car espically with a BB engine. Man, a 514 crate engine, pushin 600 horses as said on the show,.....

Some Dudes project 1970 mustang : Free
514 crate engine: $10,000

reaction on your face when done: Priceless
 

Cobain03

Active Member
Aug 27, 2003
996
0
36
Lexington, Ky
Dec 14, 2004
#16
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #16
anybody have a hi quality pic??? i need a new background on my computer
 

one2gamble

Founding Member
Feb 27, 2001
902
1
0
Monterey
Dec 14, 2004
#17
  • Dec 14, 2004
  • #17
ya i saw that at sema, twas pretty cool
 

Max Power

Active Member
Jul 31, 2003
1,774
1
36
St Paul
Dec 15, 2004
#18
  • Dec 15, 2004
  • #18
67GTA-FB429 said:
I agree on the wheels, too much bling. But I like the paint.
Click to expand...

I like the color fine, but I feel the stripes intersect with the rear wheel opening all funny. Kinda breaks up the lines of both the stripes and the wheelwell, and the Mustang has lines so good you don't wanna mess with em. JMO of course...
 
R

Renato

New Member
Aug 18, 2004
36
0
0
Dec 15, 2004
#19
  • Dec 15, 2004
  • #19
Pretty cool, but all the builds are pretty much the same: crate engines, Chrome wheels, shaved door handles, similar stereo set ups and two tone paint jobs.

Anyone notice that there are no wipers on the "Gamble 514". I think it's a Foose thing.
 
6

67GTA-FB429

Member
Dec 15, 2003
777
0
16
Tri-Cities, Wa
Dec 15, 2004
#20
  • Dec 15, 2004
  • #20
Renato said:
Pretty cool, but all the builds are pretty much the same: crate engines, Chrome wheels, shaved door handles, similar stereo set ups and two tone paint jobs.

Anyone notice that there are no wipers on the "Gamble 514". I think it's a Foose thing.
Click to expand...

No wipers because you are going so fast that you don't need them...the water just runs off.

All the builds are the same because they have only 7 days, the same designer each time. I still think most of the builds are pretty dang sweet, a little over the top.

I will start a poll to see who would take a Foose car.
 
  • 1
  • 2
Next
1 of 2 Next Last
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

C
Introduction
  • Crushn_YWG
  • May 4, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
134
The Welcome Wagon May 5, 2026
General karthief
G
Auto City Classics 67-70 Mustang disc brake kit question/s
  • GOvert
  • Jun 30, 2026
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
103
1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk- Jun 30, 2026
GOvert
G
G
New member
  • gray owl
  • Jan 21, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
9
Views
532
The Welcome Wagon Feb 21, 2026
Rdub6
S
Brakes are engaged while driving
  • stevetbright
  • May 31, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
112
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- May 31, 2026
stevetbright
S
2000 GT-Front Brakes Not Releasing
  • stormsedge
  • Aug 7, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
173
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Aug 7, 2026
Bronco2fan
B
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?