PAC North West

• Sponsors (?)

Rogue River here. Like you, I've looked around locally but most of the "car people" I've run into lately seem to be into new Mustangs and in all honesty aren't the type I can shoot the breeze with for more than a couple minutes at a time. If you're the type that likes to work on his stuff (bolting on the latest wheels to a 2018 Mustang doesn't count, lol) and maybe actually going somewhere with your car, then we'll get along just fine. I drove down to the Medford Cars and Coffee a few weeks ago and found myself among about 10 1-2 year old Mustangs, a beat up 4x4 and a Nova with a loud-ass sound system. I'd rather drive my car than sit next to it in a lawn chair and if one more person asks me what my car's worth, I'm going to lose it.

yea i completely agree I didnt buy an old one because of its value. I like the new edge style and sound. im always working on it from a wash or wax, tracking down an annoying brake issue or going on a weekend drive. I like doing 138 from gp and taking the long way to medford or go to the coast for the weekend. i plan on doing gears, exhaust, front struts and sway bar plus minor cosmetic updates ive found i like. So long term project but a fun one

Sounds like a neat car and you sound like you love doing the same things I do with mine. I work off exit 35 and when I take my car to work, I love going back through Sams valley in through the back of Gold Hill the following 99 right to my house. It’s so loud inside the stereo is worthless but it helps clear my head. How about a pic of your car?

i Work in Medford so I get to commute but don’t mind the drive. I actually just ordered a set of koni front struts and a set of lowering springs from AM. Now I just have to decide when they get here do I put them straight on or wait a little bit till I can get a new front sway bar since that has to come off to get the other two in....

Attachments

• 8E579D85-6337-412F-977B-72B974E45F6A.jpeg
    8E579D85-6337-412F-977B-72B974E45F6A.jpeg
    282.7 KB · Views: 239
Very nice! My wife has an ‘02 convertible. I love that car. Wish my ‘68 drove as nice is it does. One thing I’m going to change is springs, it’s a Roush and should have lowered springs from the factory but some past owner swapped them out for stock springs and the car sits too high for me. Good to see a southern Oregon person on here!!

yea i just ordered a set of koni fronts and a set of sr lowering springs... nothing big just a 1.5in drop just enough for a better stance and some slight handling improvements. I dont plan to go full crazy with this build but suspension mods first, followed by exhaust, clutch and gears after that will be a new paint job and call it good. I mean sure ill be putting more in parts then I bought the car for but i plan on keeping this till it cant go any more lol