Progress Thread Pearl To White - Paint Time

I decided to swing by a local paint store to look some different whites. For the last year or so I had my mind set on Oxford white on the S550's but after comparing it to some other whites I'm not sure anymore. I'm now looking more towards Frozen White 'Z2", Alfa White "217/PAH" and Ulexite White "NH854". I tried taking some pics of the different colors using a light since it was raining outside. What do you fellas think? I'm after a bright white, no cream or off white color, just a good clean looking white. No pearls either, already have that now and getting rid of it.

I think Frozen White is on the Ford GT, Alfa White is on the Alfa Romeo Giulia and Ulexite White is on the Acura NSX.

LEZkcEN.jpg

Dmm8f5f.jpg

MrxzClY.jpg

Mp0AZ8m.jpg

zVhP5yI.jpg

Wa0Rwfa.jpg

DtbOYKP.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

My car is Oxford white. Painted it a couple years ago.

Attachments

• AA9706D4-C22B-4FE1-96EF-4E5C08FE7198.png
    AA9706D4-C22B-4FE1-96EF-4E5C08FE7198.png
    6.4 MB · Views: 75
Reactions: 2 users
Go with the whitest white you can get….. if that makes sense. The whiter it is, the deeper it looks and the more it pops. Some we’ll done accents in another color makes it even better.

I had a 95 Trans Am in white and loved it……. especially when all cleaned up…… but it wasn’t easy to keep it that way.

Reactions: 1 user
Need some opinions on headlights and tail lights. Should I stick with clear corners, stock style or smoked headlights? As far as the tail lights, I currently have LX lights on the car. Stick with them or go with something different?

Need some opinions on headlights and tail lights. Should I stick with clear corners, stock style or smoked headlights? As far as the tail lights, I currently have LX lights on the car. Stick with them or go with something different?
IMO - Those tail lights look nice. Cheese graters are rare enough to be cool if you have them tucked away. Skip the clear euro look junk.

Do they sit flush with the hatch? Think I read somewhere that they don't sit flush like the 87-93 tail lights.
I just bought the lenses and used my original housings. I don’t see a problem with em. I posted a pic of my car a few days ago in this thread. Oxford white gt above.

I just bought the lenses and used my original housings. I don’t see a problem with em. I posted a pic of my car a few days ago in this thread. Oxford white gt above.
Gotcha, man I love the way your Fox Body looks. I already told my painter Frozen White so hopefully it turns out as nice as yours.

Gotcha, man I love the way your Fox Body looks. I already told my painter Frozen White so hopefully it turns out as nice as yours.
Thanks man. I’m happy with they way it turned out. I took it apart, did the bodywork myself and had my painter at the time paint it. I’m in the biz.

Thanks man. I’m happy with they way it turned out. I took it apart, did the bodywork myself and had my painter at the time paint it. I’m in the biz.
Good job on it. I have no skills in body work so leaving it to the pros. They are going to take it all apart and do it correctly, I already purchased all new trim and moldings along with a few other items. Should be dropping it off next week to get started on. I'm hoping to be able and swing by the shop to take progress pics of it. At some point the car will be passed on to my daughter so I'd like to keep pics of it along the way to give her with the car.

Good job on it. I have no skills in body work so leaving it to the pros. They are going to take it all apart and do it correctly, I already purchased all new trim and moldings along with a few other items. Should be dropping it off next week to get started on. I'm hoping to be able and swing by the shop to take progress pics of it. At some point the car will be passed on to my daughter so I'd like to keep pics of it along the way to give her with the car.
I hear you. I documented it the whole way. I’ve got a build thread in here somewhere that hasn’t been updated in quite some time. There’s still some things I’d like to do to the car, but it’s been on back burner for a while. I drive it like once a month.

Shopping for some factory style looking headlights and see that LMR has the 6 piece ones for $149.99 and CJ Pony Parts has theirs for $122.99. Any reason to spend the extra money and go with the ones that LMR sells?

Does one offer more for your money like the rubber surrounding the headlights or adjuster screws?
Nope, they both have the same items included. I've always purchased from LMR but I do like saving money if possible. But I do understand the whole "get what you paid for" thing so not sure if these aftermarket lights would fit that bill.