Progress Thread Pearl To White - Paint Time

Just placed my first order through LMR for parts I need/want to get the car ready for paint. I had all the parts in my cart but had been waiting to pull the trigger on placing the order but then I received a 6% coupon code yesterday. It isn't much but makes me feel like I'm getting a deal (which I know I'm not). First order set me back $1300.

• Sponsors (?)

I haven't received any of those in a long time. It really only wipes out the sales tax now, but it's better than nothing. Maybe I need to re-register my email address. Is there a current forum discount code or has that gone away?
It kinda went away BUT!!! If you call or use the 'chat' feature and tell them you are a :SN:member and ask they can give you a discount if you order enough stuff, I've done this a couple times, getting on their email list does it too.

I'm thinking that maybe since I've had these parts in my cart for a few weeks and always getting on LMR to make sure I'm getting all the parts I want it may have triggered something for them to send me a code. When I entered the code it stated St. Patrick's code. It saved me about $75ish which was enough to get me to buy. Was just a mental thing.

If i absolutely need something, of course the 6% helps.
But it's no motivational tool to get me to buy something i don't truly "need".

I feel like i have gotten the 6% off twice in the past 2 weeks.

Reactions: 1 users
I'm thinking that maybe since I've had these parts in my cart for a few weeks and always getting on LMR to make sure I'm getting all the parts I want it may have triggered something for them to send me a code. When I entered the code it stated St. Patrick's code. It saved me about $75ish which was enough to get me to buy. Was just a mental thing.
What was the code?

• Drool
Reactions: 1 user
Well that's a bummer. I get emails on their "Keeping comp" project, but not a discount code.

They must be mad at me for continuously pointing out a good portion of their products are repackaged parts store parts marked up 50% :)

• Agree
Reactions: 2 users
I re-verified my email today. We'll see if anything shows up in my inbox. They used to always send out some sort of promotion / discount right around a holiday. I checked my order history and I've used either one of the 10% off or $10 off coupons for every one of them. Maybe that's why I don't get them anymore. ;) Fingers crossed, I need new shorties to fit that Bassani X-pipe I bought last year.

Reactions: 1 user
So, you like the white, and you're also thinking about red or blue.... Perfect... Put them all together! Red white and blue, do some kind of a patriotic theme! OR You could do something bassed on the red white and blue tri- bar of the running pony!

I say stick with the Oxford white.

F5C408AB-FEF8-4BF5-AC4E-C9914D16479F.jpeg

I went against the popular opinion here. I decided to black my engine bay out. With any kind of restoration there are bound to be compromises. My car was originally white as well and it's my least favorite color for a car, but I also didn't have the money to paint the engine bay. So, I either had to compromise on the exterior color or the engine bay. For me, my engine bay is dirty, so it was a bit easier. I chose to compromise on the engine bay, but I can live that. You have to decide which compromise you can live with.

Attachments

• IMG_20220312_153135.jpg
    IMG_20220312_153135.jpg
    383.5 KB · Views: 58