Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

1704920767216.png

You can see here, where it doesn't fit the OEM battery tray:
1704920942041.png

The battery has a flange on both sides. It hooks right into the retainer on the fender side but is just a hair too wide to slip into the lip on the inboard side.

So. I will probably just trim this tray and put nut-plates under the holes you see in the battery flange and bolt it down with a thin strip of metal. Remember, it's already hooked under the lip on the fender side.

• Sponsors (?)

Like he said. If I put it on Accesory my battery dies quick. Like the power is still going through everything. Plus I loose all my presets. The more I think about it Metra has it wrong on the harness?? You guys seem to know of this'
Accessory as in rotating the key all the way backward passed the off position ? Or just forward before starting?

It’s likely you have the red and yellow wire mixed up on your metra radio adapter and that’s why your presets do not stay .

Seems weird that it kills your battery. I can turn my key back and play my stereo with 2 amps and a sub for a few min and not have an issue .

IMG_6163.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
They clear with a 1" spacer on my Edelbrock Performer RPM II intakes. Needed the 1" spacer to clear the throttle body linkage over the top of the valve cover. Had a Trick Flow oil filler neck tig welded to the cover and then a 1/4" NPT aluminum bung welded to the side of the oil filler neck for the PCV system plumbing. Remember that the PCV system is a closed system so no breathers or air leaks. Best picture I have of it right now with the 1" aluminum spacer:

IMG_4926a.jpg

They clear with a 1" spacer on my Edelbrock Performer RPM II intakes. Needed the 1" spacer to clear the throttle body linkage over the top of the valve cover. Had a Trick Flow oil filler neck tig welded to the cover and then a 1/4" NPT aluminum bung welded to the side of the oil filler neck for the PCV system plumbing. Remember that the PCV system is a closed system so no breathers or air leaks. Best picture I have of it right now with the 1" aluminum spacer:

IMG_4926a.jpg
They go good with your look. Really nice.

How about a Momo installed by me . I used black sound deadening panel cut round to fill the dreaded void. IMG_0020.JPG New carpet and new apholstery Those crappy 5.0 floor mats suck . Heel holes before one year. I also have ghetto red leds under the dash that look real good at night. Because its a convertible I dont have night lights
Got that same steering wheel!! Wired up my horn to work but it’s done straight up ghetto

Got that same steering wheel!! Wired up my horn to work but it’s done straight up ghetto
Oh ya. Reddevil is one of my biggest **** Red insperations. It's winter time. Time to post up everybody. Im getting ready for some ten inch staggered rims with new tires. My first set only went a thousand miles after some rough riding It won't write ****