Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

Yo, Pete, I'm confused (should not surprise anyone here), you talk about the reading on your temp gauge after you changed a broken temp sensor, you show a pic of the ect sensor, it has two wires and is mounted to the heater tubes, it communicates with the computer not the temp gauge. The temp sender communicates with the gauge and has one wire.
Which one did you change?
Both.I bought the ETC and thought it was on the rail. Took it off thats how it broke

• Sponsors (?)

I have the brand new condition owners manual here somewhere. I am the second owner. The first guy is a friend of mine that took it to his mustang mechanic for everything. Changing the oil today and vss

Attachments

• KIMG0679.JPG
    KIMG0679.JPG
    544.1 KB · Views: 233
1999 Tacoma just got the fifth set of BF Goodrich KO2 every four years I need new ones. 31/11.5/15 same price every time $850 installed. The guy said the KO3 is about to come out. 278,000 miles all put on by me. 4 fuel pumps 1 starter and of coarse brakes a couple times.....I dont think they have deep treads like they used too. Maybe Kiddicarius knows

Attachments

• KIMG0682.JPG
    KIMG0682.JPG
    422.4 KB · Views: 210
  • KIMG0683.JPG
    KIMG0683.JPG
    511.6 KB · Views: 199
  • KIMG0684.JPG
    KIMG0684.JPG
    443 KB · Views: 205
  • KIMG0685.JPG
    KIMG0685.JPG
    543.6 KB · Views: 208
Three days of bored . I like it clean.. No rust here and running fine at least today You gotta be a freak to enjoy these pics. I must be a freak

Attachments

• KIMG0692.JPG
    KIMG0692.JPG
    447.9 KB · Views: 197
  • KIMG0691.JPG
    KIMG0691.JPG
    472.9 KB · Views: 194
  • KIMG0693.JPG
    KIMG0693.JPG
    389.1 KB · Views: 210
  • KIMG0695.JPG
    KIMG0695.JPG
    526.6 KB · Views: 194
  • KIMG0694.JPG
    KIMG0694.JPG
    503.3 KB · Views: 185
  • KIMG0696.JPG
    KIMG0696.JPG
    526.9 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: 1 users
My wife got me a car cover so its covered. I dont know how some of you guys can stand covering it up for five months. The good is that my windows stay clean , and hopefully no garage scratches This is coming off soon, I cant wait to get going.

Attachments

• KIMG0698.JPG
    KIMG0698.JPG
    307.9 KB · Views: 189
  • KIMG0697.JPG
    KIMG0697.JPG
    380.1 KB · Views: 196
Reactions: 1 user
I have had a feeling about my ignition lately. I was not feeling good about the MSD cap and rotor. The thing only has about two thousand miles on it if that. I got a Motorcraft one because it just seemed right. The rotor is a little pricey for some reason. After about a half hour the computer must have gotten used to it because everything smoothed out nice. As you can see the old one had some corrosion, but the new one didnt fit absolutely perfect.

Attachments

• KIMG0711.JPG
    KIMG0711.JPG
    391.7 KB · Views: 196
  • KIMG0709.JPG
    KIMG0709.JPG
    506.2 KB · Views: 192
I could not put this vss sensor on because the pigtail was different. The new one has two white wires. I guess polarity does not matter? Advanced auto had both of these in stock so they must get used

Attachments

• KIMG0710.JPG
    KIMG0710.JPG
    986 KB · Views: 202
I thought about that , I had a good week last week. I also wasnt sure if it mattered . I hope this economy stays half way good. This covid year for me in the painting biz. has been the best in three years. People are able to sell their houses up north, Dont ask me how?? Doing whole,empty houses pays well. I think we might be going to crap next half year. Economists say if we cure this thing quick penned up demand will explode.

People are able to sell their houses up north, Dont ask me how

Remote work. At least that’s how it is in the northeast. People are able to just sit home and log in from their couch, therefore no interruption in income. People remote working are realizing their homes are too small, and wanting more space, so they sell and move. Problem is supply is low, so property values are just zooming up as demand grows. Lots of retirees are selling their 1960s 1400 sf ranch that hasn’t been updated since the 80s for $500-600k and retiring elsewhere. It’s nuts.

Your stock wire pins should fit in that plastic connector. You'd have to remove the red ( ? ) locking tab and gently release the plastic tab that holds the pins in the connector. I though all the connectors for the vss where D shaped

Reactions: 1 user
You guys might remember that I got a air conditioner kit from CJs . The thing I did not get was the condensor . I did not clean the condensor or accumulator so it did not work. $550 and not working. Well I just got a stimulus check and I am going to get a new condensor, and clean the whole unit again. This time I plan on getting lots of cleaning agent and blowing it out good. Question ?? Should I get a new dryer? The old one will have to be flushed. Will that ruin it? Do I even need to clean it?