Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

Been a while for pictures because my e mail has been down. I couldn't see my fuel pressure gauge with all the wires on it so I extended the line with Home Depot plumbing. Reversed my shifter handle after you guys reminded me that I had it wrong. Huge difference in feel, and no more missing gears. Finally ready to add the trim on my top. I like the clean look.

Attachments

• KIMG0871.JPG
    KIMG0871.JPG
    563.8 KB · Views: 90
  • KIMG0872.JPG
    KIMG0872.JPG
    442 KB · Views: 90
  • KIMG0873.JPG
    KIMG0873.JPG
    505.9 KB · Views: 94
  • KIMG0874.JPG
    KIMG0874.JPG
    360.8 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

That extension for the FPG is going to be trouble, the engine vibration will eventually crack one of those fittings and spray fuel on a hot engine and if your girl friend is riding with you when it does, I guarantee she will not want to ride in it ever again.
Ask me how I know

Reactions: 1 user
I was so proud of myself for doing that. I have to take your word for it. Don't want my car to burn up.
Really no reason to have it up that high anyway . Only reason to look while under the hood is if you had a fuel pressure issue, or thought you did , or an issue that warranted checking it . If you were setting base pressure with an adjustable FP regulator . I would definitely put it back where it was

I love the look, and will take a pic. for proof. If the Karthief recommends it I will always highly consider it. When I first put it on , I had a slow leak that freaked me out. I have a history of setting cars on fire by accident.

Last edited:
  • Wow
There she is back in her hole. I'm going for a drive for an ice coffee. Last week I got a speeding ticket 53/35 zone. Gonna tell the wife tonight, and she is going to go wild.

Attachments

• KIMG0894.JPG
    KIMG0894.JPG
    401.5 KB · Views: 73
  • KIMG0895.JPG
    KIMG0895.JPG
    541.7 KB · Views: 80
  • KIMG0896.JPG
    KIMG0896.JPG
    526.5 KB · Views: 70
  • KIMG0891.JPG
    KIMG0891.JPG
    462.4 KB · Views: 101
Reactions: 2 users
Your right Karthief. Better safe than sorry, and lets hope in the future others read this. Gas is nothing to be fooling with. The more I looked at the picture I could see an issue. When I changed injectors one of them was pumping gas all over my manifold. Luckily I was informed on Stangnet, and jumped out and caught it. The real me would have raced down the street with a possible fireball. Fooling with motors has cost me two burned cars because of not following through. I have a serious case of ADD . Attention Decifet Disorder=I do stupid :poo:.

Just polished up these American Racing rims that have been on my truck for twenty years. They don't have a clear coat, and with some work they are like new. Back in the day I payed $70 each. My 99 Tacoma gets twice as many comments as my Fox. I use Mothers aluminum polish.

Attachments

• KIMG0903.JPG
    KIMG0903.JPG
    467.1 KB · Views: 60
  • KIMG0904.JPG
    KIMG0904.JPG
    455.5 KB · Views: 54
  • KIMG0900.JPG
    KIMG0900.JPG
    386.3 KB · Views: 65
  • KIMG0902.JPG
    KIMG0902.JPG
    396.1 KB · Views: 72
My old HP computer randomly shuts down, and when it does it takes a few hours to turn back on. When it does sometimes I have to re login on my sites. Stangnet can be a problem. These HP's don't last long. It seems I need a new cheap computer every four years. I only use it for looking at stuff, and I can write them off.