Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

New lights for behind dash. Dragging my feet on this because Im sick of taking my dash apart. This week doing double oxygen sensors. Hope to see a difference in lower rpm power.

Attachments

• KIMG0121.JPG
    KIMG0121.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 154
  • Sponsors (?)

The leds will give you about .0000005 better 1/8 miles times. The 02's won't help ya. :jester:
The o2s better do something . Dont say that. Im sick of replacing stuff that is not needed. That was my resolution two years ago. The lights I do because its ten bucks , and I gotta get away from you know who.

Reactions: 1 user
I can hear the gasps now but in 31 years I've replaced O2 sensors ONCE. ECT (Temp sender)....never. ACT sensor....never. TPS....once but only because it came on a new TB. EGR....never. Fuel pump...once but only because it came in the Powerdyne kit. Oil sender...once. IAB valve...never.

I can hear the gasps now but in 31 years I've replaced O2 sensors ONCE. ECT (Temp sender)....never. ACT sensor....never. TPS....once but only because it came on a new TB. EGR....never. Fuel pump...once but only because it came in the Powerdyne kit. Oil sender...once. IAB valve...never.

That's great to hear. Is your quadrant original too?

Did you get a check light on the o2s , or did it for what ever?

That's great to hear. Is your quadrant original too?
No. I put a BBK adjustable cable and aluminum quadrant in back in 1990 I believe. Been in ever since. Almost 400k miles, 3 different engines and tons of drag races. It's about time to replace the cable though. You know those adjustable cables don't last very long.

Did you get a check light on the o2s , or did it for what ever?
Only checked codes once in my life. Never had a reason to. I did new sensors on the new engine. I pulled my original engine with 248k miles on it. Still running fine. Young and dumb. I thought I just had to have a fancy engine in the car. Duh!
It was pretty dang fast though.

The black picture is because 3 lights were burned out. Of coarse Im cleaning everything. Im going to plug this thing after I eat and see what happens. These bulbs from Amazon are supposed to be good. I love this stuff , although I rarely drive at night. Mostly because my wife does not like driving in my car. She says I drive to fast, and it hurts her neck. I rarely go fast anymore.Simply because I dont want to break anything . Be back with fresh lights I hope these lights are such that I dont have to worry about how there in. I get a kick out of all our pictures of our stuff on the kitchen tables. Kids Forever.

Attachments

• KIMG0125.JPG
    KIMG0125.JPG
    190.9 KB · Views: 142
  • KIMG0121.JPG
    KIMG0121.JPG
    261.1 KB · Views: 143
  • KIMG0128.JPG
    KIMG0128.JPG
    226 KB · Views: 138
  • KIMG0126.JPG
    KIMG0126.JPG
    282.4 KB · Views: 148
Ready to get my new o2 sensors installed. Amazon $23.00 each you might not like brand. two for the price of one. Iv had to go a little cheap on some stuff. After all I could rear end someone next week. This heavy car with small brakes sucks. That one sensor is in a bad spot and had to be crushed. Both came out easy, almost hand tight. Runs much better probably because its cold out. It does go though-real happy with the power. New harmonic balancer is working out real smooth.

Attachments

• KIMG0132.JPG
    KIMG0132.JPG
    295.6 KB · Views: 142
  • KIMG0131.JPG
    KIMG0131.JPG
    284.5 KB · Views: 140
  • KIMG0133.JPG
    KIMG0133.JPG
    228.3 KB · Views: 124
  • KIMG0134.JPG
    KIMG0134.JPG