Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

• Sponsors (?)

The thing has been hanging for a while. I just did some fixes under the car and noticed oil around the tail. Been reading up on it and will take care of it . Thanks for the help. I assume it matters for the cruise control. I dont have it anymore The rubber o ring is still there.

Just went to Sarasota National Cemetary. I live close , and its a nice place to reflect. Its about ten years old and thousands are buried here.

Attachments

• KIMG0143.JPG
    KIMG0143.JPG
    329.7 KB · Views: 157
  • KIMG0146.JPG
    KIMG0146.JPG
    275.2 KB · Views: 178
  • KIMG0145.JPG
    KIMG0145.JPG
    301.3 KB · Views: 159
  • KIMG0144.JPG
    KIMG0144.JPG
    300.1 KB · Views: 161
Reactions: 1 users
Im thinking about putting the red one inch tape from CJ Pony on the moulding all around the black plastic trim. See how all these white foxes come with the red stripe.

Reactions: 1 user
Get yourself a roll of red electrical tape to get the visual first. If you don’t like it, it was only $5, and you’ll always find a use for the tape.

There was a whole story on how he was going to rebuild the place. I tend to doubt it. That place was loud as hell for miles away. New housing was getting closer . I went there four years ago and all they had was flying fours. My thing was the dragstrip. that was unreal a great way to spend the day. I think the Winter Nationals were held there years ago. The alligators are Myakka. That is a great place. I wanted to take my fox there , but the wife didnt like the wind messing with her hair. We did go for a long walk and saw lots of cool animals. I guess I dont have to rell you about the dozens of ten to twelve foot gators that hang around on the rivers edge.

I have 120,000 miles on my car. Myself and the original previous owner changed the oil every 3000 miles. Any chance I need a new timing chain, Is there a test to find out.

Attachments

• KIMG0178.JPG
    KIMG0178.JPG
    370.5 KB · Views: 124
  • KIMG0179 (2).JPG
    KIMG0179 (2).JPG
    242 KB · Views: 121
Pop the distributor cap off, put a breaker bar on the crank bolt and move the crank till you see the rotor move then turn it back till the rotor moves, should be almost no play, I would be surprised needing a chain at 120k.
What is reason you think it needs one?

Last edited:
  • Agree
I read that down low when it gets jumpy it could be a chain . Im sure mine is good because my motors inside is super clean. Im going to pop the cap and check. Im going to have some time off , and looking to check some things .