Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

After I put that fan clutch on my car runs much better. I think my other one was out of balance like somebody said on here. Super smooth rotation. Well worth it just the sound of power is cool. Just an update for the future person that has a thirty year old one.

I’ve said it a few times in “vibration” threads. I remember finding a a few small ball bearings in my driveway, and never knew what they were from. A few weeks later is when I realized it was from the fan clutch! Couldn’t believe that caused so much vibration!! Thought it was the tranny, clutch, a million other things!!

• Sponsors (?)

I just did a garage floor with epoxy and had to move this Corvette. I had never driven one before so I was thrilled to drive it. This car was a dog. Not even close to the power that my semi stock foxbody has So many blind spots , heads up was cool though.

Attachments

• KIMG0331.JPG
    KIMG0331.JPG
    505.2 KB · Views: 153
Sarasota car show on Saturday morning. Twice as large as regular Saturday with great weather .

Attachments

• KIMG0369.JPG
    KIMG0369.JPG
    578.8 KB · Views: 116
  • KIMG0375.JPG
    KIMG0375.JPG
    385.9 KB · Views: 104
  • KIMG0377.JPG
    KIMG0377.JPG
    563.1 KB · Views: 114
Reactions: 1 user
Why not General? Just needs some custom touches - like removing that front bumper for starters....

images.jpeg

They're kinda homely looking when they're stock, but not horrible once someone does something with them.

grab-the-bull-by-the-horns-in-a-1975-amc-matador.jpg

I dunno why someone would install porthole windows like this one has, but filling in the back windows kinda gives it a completely different look.

I'd rock one, but I also have a II, so..... :rlaugh:

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users
Venice Beach Florida later Saturday for a swim in eighty eight degree water. I didnt wear a mask , nor did anybody else.

Attachments

• KIMG0387.JPG
    KIMG0387.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 127
  • KIMG0384.JPG
    KIMG0384.JPG
    358.9 KB · Views: 117
  • KIMG0383.JPG
    KIMG0383.JPG
    307.8 KB · Views: 111
  • KIMG0382.JPG
    KIMG0382.JPG
    264.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Hell Yeah!
Revell models at Hobby Lobby KIMG0395.JPG KIMG0396.JPG If you are in your upper fifties you made lots of models. Most of you who could not sit still, and had to make things started with models. I made one, or two a month. Then of coarse you might destroy them after a while. Maybe burn them , or crash them.

I wish we could have our big yard mowed for that price. I was recently surprised at model costs, but with inflation, I’m not sure they are out of line if they are well made.
I would move the age down at least ten years for building lots of models - if the family did not spend the money for an Atari or later video game system. I wish my kids did not have the games, but even a cell phone is a way to play video games.

Looking forward to what’s next on the full size car.

Oh , by the way these models are twenty seven bucks each. I could get one for less than mowing a lawn.

Wow, that’s a hefty price, but I used to love building those things.
I may have to go to the new Hobby Lobby that just opened up and check it out. After all, it is right next to a Harbor Freight!:)

Revell models at Hobby Lobby KIMG0395.JPG KIMG0396.JPG If you are in your upper fifties you made lots of models. Most of you who could not sit still, and had to make things started with models. I made one, or two a month. Then of coarse you might destroy them after a while. Maybe burn them , or crash them.
I never built cars,..it was always WWII war planes for me, and i had quite a few before they met with their fiery fates. I also started building Tanks built by some Japanese company ( Tamiya I think) they had electric motors, and could actually move on their own.
Probably what they used in the early Godzilla Movies.

Why not General? Just needs some custom touches - like removing that front bumper for starters....

images.jpeg

They're kinda homely looking when they're stock, but not horrible once someone does something with them.

grab-the-bull-by-the-horns-in-a-1975-amc-matador.jpg

I dunno why someone would install porthole windows like this one has, but filling in the back windows kinda gives it a completely different look.

I'd rock one, but I also have a II, so..... :rlaugh:
That company did make some cool cars in the late 60’s. Two of which I would consider dumping the Monster for if one was to come up and wanna trade..
1596972442312.jpeg

1968-1970 AMX.
1596972546654.jpeg

Hurst SC Rambler...my fav of the two...Kind of a pre-monster, monster.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 2 users
I never built cars,..it was always WWII war planes for me, and i had quite a few before they met with their fiery fates. I also started building Tanks built by some Japanese company ( Tamiya I think) they had electric motors, and could actually move on their own.
Probably what they used in the early Godzilla Movies.

I built that notch back model. You have an option to build drag or street. Comes with stock hood
Or cowl. I believe there is stock suspension you can use too. Been a few years since I built it though.
691B490D-954A-4CF3-95A2-56076473A8DD.jpeg
20826BDE-E0CA-4FB1-8ADE-FA0B84D03369.jpeg