Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

Here it is. And buy the way Harbor Freight plastic disk tool to take off the spring locks didnt work on all of them I got to buy the Listle brand

Attachments

• KIMG0522.JPG
    KIMG0522.JPG
    371.4 KB · Views: 130
  • Sponsors (?)

Got the compressor in after one hour of changing the spacers , and reversing the back bracket ten times. It does not go in the way the instructions say it is supposed to. I temporarily set the high side hose to see how it would fit , and its better than the stock one. I love the way it is a little longer. Thats a four inch Anderson Power pipe with an Accufab 90 mm throttle body with spacer. I bought it before I had a clue about foxbodys I read a few times that its too big for my set up. It would be nice if somebody chimes in on the one wire going in to the compressor.

Attachments

• KIMG0526.JPG
    KIMG0526.JPG
    566.4 KB · Views: 112
  • KIMG0527.JPG
    KIMG0527.JPG
    452 KB · Views: 131
  • KIMG0524.JPG
    KIMG0524.JPG
    534.5 KB · Views: 128
  • KIMG0525.JPG
    KIMG0525.JPG
    494.4 KB · Views: 103
Reactions: 1 users
I've fought those things for fuel lines a couple times, and I have the cheapest, plastic pos tool I could get, I even got the expensive ones from the shop and still had a hard time. Spray a little lube in there and keep working it.
There was a point I wanted to wade the line up in a ball and toss it into my neighbors yard!!

Stupid me was fighting the one on the firewall for one nasty hot hour. Then I realize you have to fight it from the back. Who would think. Had to spend fourty two bucks for a tool I may never use again. I hate that. Luckily I have a neighbor that has gauges and vacuum pump so I can save there. All and all its going very well. I am really not all that mechanically inclined. Its my non functioning brain. To do this you need to understand physics to a point and have patience.

Attachments

• KIMG0528.JPG
    KIMG0528.JPG
    313.3 KB · Views: 115
That one wire is for power. The clutch grounds itself through the body. You need to unplug the pressure switch and jump it with a piece of wire. Turn the AC knob to on and check the factory compressor connector for 12v. That wire connects to that black wire. Should be black / yellow stripe. The factory connector has a wire that goes to ground instead of grounding at the compressor body.

Looks like its a standard round push in connector. They sell those at all the parts stores in the electrical aisle in all the red, blue, yellow sizes.

Reactions: 1 user
Look at these directions.......No oil? Every time on U Tube they pour oil in the lines No liquid in lines. Whats up with that? Will gas only come out if I hold it strait up? Then it says turn hub ten times if you dont it voids warranty

Attachments

• KIMG0533.JPG
    KIMG0533.JPG
    475.8 KB · Views: 108
Look at these directions.......No oil? Every time on U Tube they pour oil in the lines No liquid in lines. Whats up with that? Will gas only come out if I hold it strait up? Then it says turn hub ten times if you dont it voids warranty
They service it to the proper oil level so that it remains serviced to the proper oil level. Ensure that the refrigerant that you're charging with also doesn't contain oil.

The compressor should come with oil in it. The system as a whole has to have sufficient oil in it. If you are replacing the entire system you have to put a little oil in all of the components. Some in the condenser, evaporator, and the dryer. You need to know how much the system requires and make sure that what everything adds up to. At least thats how the installations had me do it for the system I installed.

The compressor should come with oil in it. The system as a whole has to have sufficient oil in it. If you are replacing the entire system you have to put a little oil in all of the components. Some in the condenser, evaporator, and the dryer. You need to know how much the system requires and make sure that what everything adds up to. At least thats how the installations had me do it for the system I installed.
Interesting.Thats what I thought I am going to call them at some point.

When changing a compressor I always turn the compressor over by hand and drain the oil out into a glass measuring cup. Then I add that same amount in the new compressor. If everything is new I look up how much oil the system takes, pour it in the compressor...hook the lines up and spin it by hand a bunch of times.

The issue with your system is that it isn't a stock unit. There should be something that says how much oil the compressor takes.

If unsure...take the lines off and unbolt the compressor, drain the oil out into a glass measuring cup. It'll show you how much oil they put in it.

I don't usually put oil in the lines but I do lubricate all the o rings. The only line I may put oil in is the low pressure side.

On the ironically named quick disconnects, it’s worth buying the Lisle tools to start with. If you have not used them on the fuel lines yet, you will probably prefer them. At least I found them much easier to use than a couple of other types of tools. Of course, knowing how the dang connection was built was also handy.

Here it is. And buy the way Harbor Freight plastic disk tool to take off the spring locks didnt work on all of them I got to buy the Listle brand

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user
This kit a HF is good and snapped it right off but $43. Thats a lot from HF I will put it in my stack of crap from Harbor Freight. I gotta say though I have used my wheel puller seversl times

Attachments

• KIMG0536.JPG
    KIMG0536.JPG
    520.4 KB · Views: 99
  • KIMG0535.JPG
    KIMG0535.JPG
    503.7 KB · Views: 125
I like that AC hose not running over the intake manifold. Some DEI heat shield might still be a good idea on the line and look better than the decaying foam pipe insulation most of us are likely to still have.
How well do the wire separators work and what brand are they? I realized yesterday my nice wires are laid out like spaghetti and I am lucky to not have misfire issues.

I like that AC hose not running over the intake manifold. Some DEI heat shield might still be a good idea on the line and look better than the decaying foam pipe insulation most of us are likely to still have.
How well do the wire separators work and what brand are they? I realized yesterday my nice wires are laid out like spaghetti and I am lucky to not have misfire issues.
That nasty accumulator hose on my non working AC is what prompted me to rip it out. I know that’s taboo on here for a lot of people, but hopefully one day, AC will be back on top of priority list, and I’ll be going through what Pete’s going through.
I had some good luck with two sets of the Ford Racing wire dividers. They got everything set up nicely..... one set was not enough IMO, but still relatively cheap.