Progress Thread Pete is checking out these valve covers

Potomus Pete

I'm still waiting for the fully nude shots
5 Year Member
Mar 7, 2019
Sarasota Florida
Im working on some stuff and ready to show it off. I redid my seats with the LMR kits took about eight hours and it turned out like new. Replaced foam on drivers seat
IMG_3742.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3743.jpg
    IMG_3743.jpg
    238.6 KB · Views: 406
  • IMG_3755.jpg
    IMG_3755.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 498
  • Love
Reactions: 7 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Sanded under the battery area and frame. No rust at all. Painted with Rustoleum that matched my car color good . Lots of tape and paper.

Attachments

• IMG_0018 (1).JPG
    IMG_0018 (1).JPG
    281.6 KB · Views: 382
Reactions: 1 users
How about a Momo installed by me . I used black sound deadening panel cut round to fill the dreaded void. IMG_0020.JPG New carpet and new apholstery Those crappy 5.0 floor mats suck . Heel holes before one year. I also have ghetto red leds under the dash that look real good at night. Because its a convertible I dont have night lights

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Engine bay really clean . IMG_0022.JPG Besides clean is a poor mans mod . I painted my intake with aluminum engine paint Anderson power pipe . Pro-M 70 meter. Replaced my conduit with red. Some people like it some dont. I DO.....

Reactions: 3 users
My motor mounts are out and the rubber is gone completely. LMR is taking forever to get the new ones here . Im getting the SVE bracket type solid bracket type. Tell me they are no good if you want . Good reviews , and nobody rides with me. I will post pictures and review them when I get them on. Also doing steering rack . Pictures and questions coming tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_0242.jpg
    IMG_0242.jpg
    304.1 KB · Views: 433
  • IMG_0238.jpg
    IMG_0238.jpg
    337.1 KB · Views: 423
Tomorrow in going to connect the power steering rack to the shaft. Iv read Jrichkers help post ,and videos . Now I have a couple of questions . How do I find the center of the rack . Stupid , but how do I center the steering wheel . Is there a trick , or does my wife just hold it . Also one of my motor mount bolts , engine to block is broken off . These mounts are strongly bolted . It has been that way for a while it seems . Can a mechanic drill it out and fix it. I need your input on this stuff guys, and hopefully some Mustang girl from Texas

Attachments

• IMG_0063.JPG
    IMG_0063.JPG
    317.3 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_0069.JPG
    IMG_0069.JPG
    243.3 KB · Views: 408
Tomorrow in going to connect the power steering rack to the shaft. Iv read Jrichkers help post ,and videos . Now I have a couple of questions . How do I find the center of the rack . Stupid , but how do I center the steering wheel . Is there a trick , or does my wife just hold it . Also one of my motor mount bolts , engine to block is broken off . These mounts are strongly bolted . It has been that way for a while it seems . Can a mechanic drill it out and fix it. I need your input on this stuff guys, and hopefully some Mustang girl from Texas

Reactions: 1 user
The trick to align it all . I think not ! .........Im afraid of trial and error . Sick of jacking it up over and over . One hour trying to get rag joint into shaft still not there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Well all together, and with the new solid motor mounts my engine sits at least one and a half inches higher. I love the feel and the look. No real diff. in vibration . Missing one bolt for now. When I went to start it up it would not go. Pvc hose got pulled out , and intake got pulled apart . The motor had to go all the way up to change em, much to my surprise. The Dorman steering rack with two and one half turns has a terrible reputation of failure was flushed and got a filter . Old oil was full of shavings . Fingers crossed- guarantee for life . I will flush again next week just because . Needs an alignment so I did not go too far , but the steering was very tight, and quick . The old bushings were mush from being soaked in oil for years . Very happy with everything so far . Price for everything @$160.00 cha ching no extra money. My next project is a new white top that I will be doing myself . With the help of the dvd , and my friend . These cars are so easy to work on for a garage mechanic except for the bolt that goes from the rag joint to the shaft. That thing took about one hour to figure out .

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0082.JPG
    IMG_0082.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 392
Convertible top removal time. I got the dvd from LMR. Car Tops Online was where I got this glass window whole top complete for $250.00 black friday special. WTF if I can get this thing on for anywhere near that price Im f...k.n thrilled. Of coarse my header rubber ripped all apart. Order one of those now.

Attachments

• KIMG0062.JPG
    KIMG0062.JPG
    235.6 KB · Views: 277
  • KIMG0061.JPG
    KIMG0061.JPG
    234.5 KB · Views: 276
A couple pics of just the beginning. Trying to stay good with the grease pen , and plastic bags. While its Christmas day here in Sarasota everybody is napping , and Im dirty and having fun getting started .

Attachments

• KIMG0059.JPG
    KIMG0059.JPG
    274.8 KB · Views: 368
  • KIMG0060.JPG
    KIMG0060.JPG
    250.3 KB · Views: 365
Before I go buy a air stapler. Any of you people know if this compressor will run a stapler. The box says it can. Stapler is $50.00 and I really dont want to open it and bring it back??

Attachments

• KIMG0065.JPG
    KIMG0065.JPG
    269.8 KB · Views: 360
  • KIMG0064.JPG
    KIMG0064.JPG
    284.3 KB · Views: 263
  • KIMG0063.JPG
    KIMG0063.JPG
    250 KB · Views: 249
Half done in about 4 or 5 hours on the new convertible top. Fairly easy up to now. Im trying to be perfect as I can. Impatiece is my personality , and Iv had to go over and redo lots of my work . This stapler from Harbor Freight is really nice it sets them in perfect every time . I lost 5 bolts in the black hole so I have to go to Home Depot and get more. Working in the back seat of a fox is tough , and you can only take it for so long . Really trying not to break any plastic , or bend my doors getting in and out. The new top has holes for the frame , and all centers are marked . That really helped to center it , but of coarse no directions. Thanks for your interest. Lets hope it all comes together.

Attachments

• KIMG0067.JPG
    KIMG0067.JPG
    346.8 KB · Views: 368
  • KIMG0066.JPG
    KIMG0066.JPG
    267.2 KB · Views: 366
  • KIMG0068.JPG
    KIMG0068.JPG
    314.5 KB · Views: 379