Pi dash Question.

jclose11

Jul 23, 2008
This winter while my car is sitting thinking of doing the Pi dash going to buy the hardware soon., I can not find the wiring diagram for a 1990 Fox for the fuel level , Does it run thou the MS2 or is the sender right to the gauge. Was hoping the Fuel level would show on the PI screen.

• Sponsors (?)

the kit will have instructions supplied to get fuel level and oil pressure into the MS

What MS system do you have?

Also if you do not correctly setup a power supply and script that correctly shuts the pi down it will eventually run into issues just like if you were to pull the battery out of your laptop to shut it down..

To do it correctly you need alot more than just a pi and a power converter.

Yes, you can wire the fuel level to one of the available ADC (this depends on the MS system used), which will give you the option to display the fuel level as a gauge on a dashboard.

As I've stated in other post the MS2 is totally new to me. So I am currently looking at the manual they give you trying to see where the oil pressure and fuel level would wire into the 26 pin connector.

you would take them into the ADC1 and ADC2 pins that are currently occupied by the knock and barometric correction jumpers [#15] you can take the fuel or oil pressure into the knock input and the other input [oil pressure] will need to come in on the external map pin and then be jumpered over to the ADC2 input. I will see if i can get some pictures of it done tonight, I have one i am not using on a shelf.

here is a picture of the required jumper changes inside the ecu.. once you have the dash in hand detailed instructions for the rest of the wiring will be supplied.

Attachments

• MS2pnp DD-efi sensor connections image#1.jpg
    MS2pnp DD-efi sensor connections image#1.jpg
    257.9 KB · Views: 94
  • MS2pnp DD-efi sensor connections image#2.jpg
    MS2pnp DD-efi sensor connections image#2.jpg
    262.3 KB · Views: 105