pictures from kansas speedway mustang meet

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
Olathe KS
Today, the 05 mustang was at the Kansas Speedway. They invited anyone with a mustang to come take a free parade lap around the speedway following the 05 mustang. The track is a near replica of Daytona, and has a lot of banking... so much that my fuel sump went dry while I was waiting to pull off. I guess I'll have to put a little more gas in the tank before I do this again.
Not wanting to miss this opportunity, myself and cougar went, and brought back some good pictures, memories, and a really cool poster. There were some incredible cars there. A GT500KR, GT350, many mach 1s, and a cobra R to name a few.
As we understand it, there was a short clip of cougars SVO on the news of the turbo spooling up, but we didn't get to see it. I guess they found that rather interesting. :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is cougars car on the track:
attachment.php

Here is my car on the track:
attachment.php

Attachments

• bhuff.jpg
    bhuff.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 211
  • Sponsors (?)

351wcoupe said:
wow I should have planned my trip to the midwest differently...oh well We'll be out in 3-4 weeks anyway.
Sweet. let us know ASAP. We would like to have a kansas stangnet/turboford BBQ at clinton lake in lawrence sometime. probably late July or early august.

It was a LOT of fun. When you're going slow, it feels like you're going to fall out of the seat because of the bank, even with SVO seats, it's better when you're moving because of the centripetal force. They were just doing a parade lap, but a couple of cobra owners about halfway in the pack stopped at the exit to a turn. waited for a minute to gain some space and hit it. This sped up things a lot, and some guys were passing and crap, it was great. I got up to about 90, but could have gone faster. Got to see the IRL cars practice too.

Wow!! It reminds me of 1994, when I was at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway for the Mustang Celebration. I got to take a lap in my 1992 Mustang. We would slow down and speed up, since there was a 55 mph cap, haha :banana: . Events like those you never forget. :nice: