Pictures from Portland Grand Prix (American Le Mans Series)

Rootus

Officially Addicted
Feb 8, 2003
Portland, Oregon
I was a bit lazy, and did not take too many pictures, but here is what I have...

IMG_1453.JPG

IMG_1454.JPG

IMG_1455.JPG

IMG_1457.JPG

IMG_1459.JPG

And oh yeah ... I did see a new Z06 there today...

IMG_1460.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

AAHHH!!! The local strippers I mean Pirelli girls. Great pics. Anyone here sick of seeing those damn Audis being handed another win? Just when you think Dyson will pull it out they run out of gas on the last lap. Of course the Audis go and ruin the Acemco Saleen's day as well.

The Maserati MC12 is an impressive car and to able to get so close to it is truly amazing. Great race, Great series, Great track and Great Racks :nice:

Merc331 said:
AAHHH!!! The local strippers I mean Pirelli girls. Great pics. Anyone here sick of seeing those damn Audis being handed another win? Just when you think Dyson will pull it out they run out of gas on the last lap. Of course the Audis go and ruin the Acemco Saleen's day as well.

The Maserati MC12 is an impressive car and to able to get so close to it is truly amazing. Great race, Great series, Great track and Great Racks :nice:

The MC12 gave me wood :nice:

i talked with one of the guys on that mustang team on saturday . you know the driver is in a wheel chair and that the car in an 02gt with and 03 cobra motor with internals and a vortac i thinkis what he said

Scooby5.0Doo said:
i talked with one of the guys on that mustang team on saturday . you know the driver is in a wheel chair and that the car in an 02gt with and 03 cobra motor with internals and a vortac i thinkis what he said

I think the driver is a woman. There was a story about her in a Mustang magazine awhile back. I never heard any blower whine when it passed me. :shrug:

thats cool that it a female driver i know it has one though saw it touched it. talked with a guy that was there not the driver. and most of my questions were to hard from him to awsner. so he just tryed selling my body parts lol till i told him i had a fox then he was like .....oh

I was on the pit crew this weekend for Speed GT's Carol Hollfelder in the #10 Tiger Racing Mustang. Yes, she is a woman and she has no use of anything below the waist. Her 2003 bodies Mustang uses sophisticated hand controls designed by Ford engineers. Her steering system goes full lock to lock in about 40 degrees total of steering rotation. Her braking is done by putting forward pressure on the wheel and the throttle is an aluminum ring behind the steering wheel that she squeezes to accelerate. The transmission shifting hardware is straight out of an Aston Martin DB9 using electronic solenoids for gear engagment when up / down buttons are pushed with Carol's thumbs.

The car does use a 4 valve 4.6 that is beefed with Manley rods and runs 8.8:1 compression. Heads and intake are Ford Racing FR500 parts and the blower is an S-trim Vortech pullied for about 10psi. SLA front suspenion, Brembo brakes, etc make up the rest of the car. The body is mostly carbon fiber and fits over 335/35-18 rear tires and 305/35-18 fronts. All the chassis pieces are nice, but nothing compared to the hand controls and electronics that were developed to let her motor around the track.

Tiger Racing doesn't eat up a huge budget so she will never be a contender to take a pole or win a race, but it is quite an accomplishment she is out there.

Thanks for taking notice of the car and it's driver.

Brandon