PimpX

Tufgriz

Sep 23, 2019
Washington
so, i hope this will fit in here. My 89 gt is running an efi source microsquirt with there plug and play harness. My son "had" an 89 lx with a turbo coupe swap that we put a pimpx in. My question is, if I wanted to run the pimpx on my gt with batch fire is it possible? reading over at stinger they say it wont work that I need to send it in for conversion to the pimpxs for conversion to "work" with the sequential injection. Im thinking about doing so later on down the road but in theory it should work with batch fire on my gt still correct?

• Sponsors (?)

In theory but the injector drivers could be where the problem is. If Stinger said to send it back it would probably be best to send it to them.

I'm not a tuning pro and don't own a Pimp. Just running MSPNP2 on my turbo 331 fox. Someone more knowledgeable will chime in.

Pimpxs (or pimpx) should be ms3 based versus the microsquirt which uses ms2 firmware.

The ms3 firmware is much more capable and in general can do more. The idle strategy is somewhat simpler. In all the ms3 firmware is more robust.

When reading through the PimpXS documentation from their USB stick, it mentions the Foxbody being wired from the factory for sequential injection, so you'd likely have to re-pin your 60-pin connector to match something along the lines of an F150 to run batch fire.

I believe the conversion to turn it into sequential is only like $75. I’d just send it in so they can update. You’ll be glad you did.

Edit: it’s $85, and they usually have really good turnaround time.