Please help

luke d

Jan 3, 2020
georgia
I have a 2.3l I switched the intake to the 2 barrel pinto intake if I remember correctly the dipstick tube bolted to the old intake to hold it in place. I ran the motor not to long ago and oil was coming out of the dipstick tube. There is no grommet on it and have researched one and haven't found it.

For the pcv situation I went and looked for the crankcase breather grommet and couldn't find that either I bought one from autozone that was way oversized. If anyone had a part number on one of those that would be awesome. Do I hook the other end of the hose coming from the pcv vale to the valve cover or to the intake manifold port I cant remember. I believe it's the intake port but not sure. If I don't hook it to the tube coming out of the top of the valve cover what goes there a filter? Ps it was a na car now turned into a turbo car

• Sponsors (?)

without seeing yours I ain't got no id how it's setup so I look at the factory turbocoupe setup on the bottom left of the block next to the distributor is the oil separator "box" that pushes into the block. It has a hose on it that runs up the side of the block, pcv valve goes into the hose, then the other end of the pcv valve has a hose on it that goes to the intake post throttle body (vacuum side). make sure you use the correct pcv valve if yours is turbocharged. The on the valve cover there is a breather (that has a mesh inside of it which helps keep oil from getting through it) and a nipple the nipple has a hose that goes on it and then a steel pipe that runs down to the inlet side of the turbo (post airflow meter, it goes right on the front of the turbo compressor). the stock turbo style dipstick has a bracket that bolts to the lower intake with a little tiny 8mm screw that goes in sideways and is a pain in the neck. I don't remember no grommet. there is a rubber insert inside the top of the dipstick that is supposed to kinda seal it up but 99% of them that rubber is long gone, so what I Found works good is an old straight spark plug boot pushed over the dipstick. You have to trim it a little so it fits over the dip stick but the "small" end is about the right size to fit over the tube that way you can still check the oil but it won't blow the stick out again (or leak).

Reactions: 1 user
20200413_170106.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
I haven't ordered the holley sniper efi kit yet, what does the pimp system consist of and also does it tune the engine on the fly while I'm driving or is it just a set tube and needs to be taken to a tunershop?

luke d, I have a 2.3 with a 2-barrel and the oil separator you show in a picture. The PCV valve plugs into the carb base or spacer (manifold vacuum), and the little hose goes to the canister to trap oil droplets. The breather that is in the cam cover (once a valve cover) plugs into the carb breather vent. It is usually a small tube out the bottom of the carb top...breather base. Where did you find the oil separator hose? I need one.

Get your heater core fixed and the hoses hooked up
That will take some heat away from the head
The turbo 4s used to burn exhaust valves on cylinder 4 on a regular basis
You are going to love driving that with the turbo on it
I had a 88 TC T-Bird
Wonderful car
Should have never sold it
They had boss 302 rods with 3/8 bolts in those SVO's and TC Birds

I installed the oil cooler sandwich plate to help keep the motor a little cooler also installed the 180 therm what I’m looking into now is upgrading the trans setup. I see stinger sells a 2.3t-5.0 flywheel adapter but it’s probably a dumb question but is the 2.3na and 2.3t flywheel the same bolt pattern?