• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech

Powe window issue

  • Thread starter Thread starter bruinator
  • Start date Start date Sep 27, 2009
B

bruinator

New Member
Sep 27, 2009
1
0
0
Sep 27, 2009
#1
  • Sep 27, 2009
  • #1
I am new here so I will first say hi. I have a 95 ford mustang in which I have an issue with. I have power windows that are giving me a problem. My driver's side window will not power up or down. The power button is not working. I have the same issue with the passenger's side door. The difference is The power button that is on the drivers side will still let me control my drivers side window so it goes up and down. I am mainly troubled with the driver's side door though.

What I would like to know from you guys here is does it sound like my problem with the windows is caused from needing a new power window motor or do you think it is the switch? I know both are located behind the panel so I will have to pull that apart. How do I figure out where the problem is coming from? I will look for loose connections hoping that is the issue but if it is not, how do I tell?

thx
 

earleys94gt

Active Member
Aug 31, 2003
1,223
16
49
Ashley, Ohio
Sep 27, 2009
#2
  • Sep 27, 2009
  • #2
If the you hit the switch, and the motor is good, you should be able to hear the motor "engage" inside the door.

Chances are, however, the switch is bad and needs replaced.
 
Y

yukisho

Banned
Apr 4, 2009
44
3
103
Saint George, Utah
Sep 27, 2009
#3
  • Sep 27, 2009
  • #3
Nine times out of ten it's the switch. Mine was out when I got it, but since I watch my brother's son, I haven't got it fixed yet since I don't want him to have control of the window and such.
 
3

302GTS

If you need herpes, I'm your man!
Apr 20, 2009
481
2
18
Largo, FL
Sep 27, 2009
#4
  • Sep 27, 2009
  • #4
Agreed about the switch. My passenger side switches don't work. I havn't bothered to take care of them, only because as the driver, I make the window decisions.
 
Y

yukisho

Banned
Apr 4, 2009
44
3
103
Saint George, Utah
Sep 28, 2009
#5
  • Sep 28, 2009
  • #5
302GTS said:
Agreed about the switch. My passenger side switches don't work. I havn't bothered to take care of them, only because as the driver, I make the window decisions.
Click to expand...

I feel ya on that. Although it's better to not have to have your passengers have to ask to roll them down or up.
 
3

302GTS

If you need herpes, I'm your man!
Apr 20, 2009
481
2
18
Largo, FL
Sep 28, 2009
#6
  • Sep 28, 2009
  • #6
yukisho said:
I feel ya on that. Although it's better to not have to have your passengers have to ask to roll them down or up.
Click to expand...
I've actually never had a complaint. Even my girlfriend doesn't mind if we're cruising down the interstate doing 70, windows down, her hair blowing everywhere. Surprising, I know! I'm lucky though, living in Florida. Weather here, when it isn't raining, is normally pretty nice. Windows down, a/c on low, and it's nice and cozy!
 
Y

yukisho

Banned
Apr 4, 2009
44
3
103
Saint George, Utah
Sep 28, 2009
#7
  • Sep 28, 2009
  • #7
Doesn't quite work the same in the desert. It's either windows down, or ac on, or ac on high with windows down. I prefer to salvage my gas consumption.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
Door pull panels, convertible versus coupe
  • lenzgt
  • Jun 25, 2026
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
155
1994 - 1995 Specific Tech Jun 25, 2026
lenzgt
L
A
Catch can questions.
  • AngryH58
  • Sep 26, 2026
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
2
Views
95
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Tuesday at 8:34 AM
squeak93
A
Engine 302 oil leak when running
  • AlexM556
  • Sep 8, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
18
Views
514
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Yesterday at 4:40 PM
manicmechanic007
T
Fox Convertible top issues
  • TDM389
  • Feb 15, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
5
Views
384
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Feb 15, 2026
General karthief
89 power window issue
  • Creomod
  • Sep 5, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
14
Views
622
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Oct 4, 2025
WillWho?
W
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 1994 - 1995 Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?