Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

I think the seats, sliders and brackets are just one of those things that pictures don't necessarily clarify. I even look at my own pics and i'm confused, lol.

I would probably buy sliders with tabs and matching brackets to make sure it goes easy.
Then sell off the rest on ebay.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

I think the seats, sliders and brackets are just one of those things that pictures don't necessarily clarify. I even look at my own pics and i'm confused, lol.

I would probably air on the side of caution, buy sliders with tabs and matching brackets.
Then sell off the rest on ebay.
So when you bought the brackets from wedge and it has the option for no slider or slider, did you get yours from them or did you buy the sliders elsewhere? I wonder what the other 3 sliders went to then since those obviously were not mounted to these seats.

So when you bought the brackets from wedge and it has the option for no slider or slider, did you get yours from them or did you buy the sliders elsewhere? I wonder what the other 3 sliders went to then since those obviously were not mounted to these seats.
I bought one bracket and one slider to start because i really didn't know if it was going to work.
Something was up with the first slider release bar as you can see in the pics. So i called them and they had the company send me a new set.
When i tried to return the original, neither said it was theirs.
So i bought a second bracket, installed the original set of sliders and bent my own release bar (it was kinda tricky drilling an accurate hole in such a small piece of round stock).

I bought one bracket and one slider to start because i really didn't know if it was going to work.
Something was up with the first slider release bar as you can see in the pics. So i called them and they had the company send me a new set.
When i tried to return the original, neither said it was theirs.
So i bought a second bracket, installed the original set of sliders and bent my own release bar (it was kinda tricky drilling an accurate hole in such a small piece of round stock).
Ah gotcha ok, well could I do this order a bracket, mount my current sliders the actual Recaro ones, reverse them and cut and weld this bracket back together to make it work as an inner handle?
89022568-65C6-4CF3-9AE1-FB58F215F030.jpeg

Hard to tell in the Pic, but that bar looks like it was randomly bent to work and wasn't meant for whatever width it was used on.
Like it was too wide, so they just bent a V in it to take out some width.

Hard to tell in the Pic, but that bar looks like it was randomly bent to work and wasn't meant for whatever width it was used on.
Like it was too wide, so they just bent a V in it to take out some width.
So idk about the bar but originally it seemed like it was correct. Flipping the sliders around and were that bar hooks is the potential problem, so I’d have to cut the bar and turn the part that fits on the prong where it lifts the lever then have it welded. So I took of a handle on the other sliders, if I cut the V shaped bar and then welded the tabs for the prong onto it I think it would work. I’ll probably order the brackets, and try this idea and mount it to see if it works. If not we’ll then I’ll just order some new sliders etc. figured I could mock these up, ordered some netted headrests. I was talking with @Mustang5L5 and it seems as though there was 2 different style of halo headrests. The ones like you guys have and then a shorter stubby version. I like they way they both look. Anyways I’ll wait for these, then send everything off to get reupholstered. Also give me time to check the passenger side and messing with the pro-m ecu as it’s suppose to fit under the passenger seat! Kinda worried about that with these brackets.
A6BA1A9B-1B5F-4808-913C-54B628C792AE.jpeg
4D689414-8702-4DBB-8E8F-060A9339CAF7.jpeg

I think if you need to cut corners to make these sliders/brackets work, it might be easier/better to sell them off on ebay or Recaro FB groups and just buy the proper fitting sliders and bases.

Think of these seats as more of an investment as they actually do hold value quite well compared to other seats out there.

• PlusOne
Reactions: 1 users
I'm going to help add to your confusion.
I went through some old emails and found a bunch of pics i had to send to wedge when something didn't work out with the slider release bar. From what i remember, the sliders are reversible, meaning you can have the release bar on the inside or outside.
I think my seats required outside and they sent me inside. So i took some pics to show them.
They then sent me a new slider (for the record, it was one big experiment, so i was doing 1 seat at a time, i had yet to order a second). Well, they sent me a new slider set with the correct bar (which was drop shipped for them) and both companies refused to take the original sliders back. So i bought some round stock from home depot, bent and drilled a new bar and had 1 free set.

I found some old pics from the email to wedge, but i don't think you can go by the part numbers, based on the pull bar being wrong. But maybe it gives you an idea.
For the record, i'm a trainwreck when it comes to pictures. That's why i never post any around here. I have tons of cloud storage all over the place and 20 years worth of pics mixed anywhere and everywhere. These just happened to be in an archived email.

WP_20150908_11_37_43_Pro.jpg WP_20150908_11_24_24_Pro.jpg WP_20150908_11_32_50_Pro.jpg WP_20150908_11_32_54_Pro.jpg
Ok so I decided to go with the wedge brackets but holy crap there is more to it than I thought. Got an email, they wanted to know seat version, which sliders etc. I told them about my sliders and they said they need to know specific bc they make them either for the tab style I have but if I want to change sliders to a non tab style then I’d have to modify the bracket. I could see where the tabs could come in handy say if it was to low. I’m 6’1 and not sure if I’d really need the tabs or not. The passenger side I could care less as long as it functions. I might just tell them to do the ones that are set up for the sliders they have that sit flat on top VS building the bracket with threaded rods. I believe that’s how 5L5 mentioned he did his.
B96D5A09-BBDC-40D2-9785-C906581477BD.jpeg

Honestly I’ve had no complaints with them just sitting flat. If anything it made it easy as I didn’t have to play with incline and such. One install and done. It was perfect imho
Decided to play with one of the brackets and I tried the bar cut idea. It worked but I’d have to weld the bar, this was with the Recaro sliders. I also decided to try and mount one of the 3 matching ones and I could just drill my own holes and mount but it sits to close and you can’t pull the bar. The other one the bar was flipped but I’m just gonna order new sliders probably from that company.
4D3956D6-18E5-412F-A874-635D0F341E67.jpeg
36A279F1-D263-422F-9065-4F89D318E15A.jpeg

Attachments

• CA18C905-006C-410E-9B67-DC22691A7542.jpeg
    CA18C905-006C-410E-9B67-DC22691A7542.jpeg
    580.5 KB · Views: 48
Which is cheaper? The Recaro ones are pricey. As long as it does what you need it to do, go with more cost effective. Your about to spend $300-500 on bases and sliders
Sliders from wedge which I guess maybe have different mounting spots on the bracket, but they would drill the correct holes for those. Idk why they would be different than recaros mount points but maybe they are? Anyways they are 70 a pop so 180 after taxes give or take? Brackets are already ordered.

I forgot about all the measurements they asked for. For me it's an easy answer, I buy it all from wedge with the tabbed sliders. Changing the pitch the of seat takes no effort, pull out two bolts, reinstall in new position. You don't need to remove the seat. And with 3 holes front and back you can fine tune it with quite a degree of angle change.

I'd also like to add that if you have a 91 (which your user name suggests) and you haven't done a tilt column swap, without the tabs you are stuck with however close your legs come to the steering wheel.

Ok guys so I was finishing up the steering wheel horn set and turning it full rotation back and forth to make sure I had plenty of wiring tucked for the horn button. Anyways the next day I noticed a bunch of fluid, turns out fluid is just pouring out the power steering pump. Is this normal, I don’t feel like it’s overfilled at all. This is with the car off as well, but never noticed it previously to this while driving the car.

View: https://youtu.be/YUlKvQfhBMc