Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

Having a hard time deciding on what upholstery I should run, but I’m leaning towards maybe German vinyl or maybe leather outside with a black tweed herringbone for the centers, with red stitching. Something like this, I believe going back to scarlet red poses a bit of an issue color matching wise
07E3F64D-86F1-40FA-A0EC-F39F2F8BF18D.png
E698BBDF-326E-4475-B4A4-F6C69E5F0486.jpeg
6A506EAC-064D-43C7-9326-60B2649A1F9D.png

• Sponsors (?)

Ok guys so I was finishing up the steering wheel horn set and turning it full rotation back and forth to make sure I had plenty of wiring tucked for the horn button. Anyways the next day I noticed a bunch of fluid, turns out fluid is just pouring out the power steering pump. Is this normal, I don’t feel like it’s overfilled at all. This is with the car off as well, but never noticed it previously to this while driving the car.

View: https://youtu.be/YUlKvQfhBMc

Yes , I have pushed plenty of non running cars and had this happen

Reactions: 1 user
Turning the wheel side to side with the pump off will cause the fluid level to rise and fall. If you are near the top of the fill range, it will puke out.

Been there, done that. What helps is to pull the belt off and spin the PS pulley by hand while you turn the wheels. Or siphon off a bit of fluid first.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Fo materials, it's all personal preference but I love the vinyl side bolsters with a cloth center. It has a very nice feel to it.

Another nice touch is to recover the door panel inserts to match in the same material. It's a shame you have a 1991, because up until 1990 Ford made those insert panels removable. You can take them off and cover them to match the seats. That's what I did on my car. You'd need to track down some black 1990 panels to do this however, but it's a good touch for sure.

Definitely make sure whatever you cover the centers in, you buy enough material to do the rears later on or the panel inserts. That's the problem i'm having right now is I can't find matching material for the rear. I almost need to buy another set of inserts for the front in good shape, pay top dollar for them, and use that material for the rear seat. Obviously I haven't done this yet. My door panel inserts are a close but no cigar material

Fo materials, it's all personal preference but I love the vinyl side bolsters with a cloth center. It has a very nice feel to it.

Another nice touch is to recover the door panel inserts to match in the same material. It's a shame you have a 1991, because up until 1990 Ford made those insert panels removable. You can take them off and cover them to match the seats. That's what I did on my car. You'd need to track down some black 1990 panels to do this however, but it's a good touch for sure.

Definitely make sure whatever you cover the centers in, you buy enough material to do the rears later on or the panel inserts. That's the problem i'm having right now is I can't find matching material for the rear. I almost need to buy another set of inserts for the front in good shape, pay top dollar for them, and use that material for the rear seat. Obviously I haven't done this yet. My door panel inserts are a close but no cigar material
Yup I agree I want it wrapped like yours is, but I decided I don’t want full vinyl even though that does look good to. There really is unlimited options and it’s hard to decide. I’ve gotten this far and I want something different but also sort of 90s era style. Idk I do really like the herringbone for the centers and seat bottom. I’ll be using the guy @2000xp8 Used bc it is a good deal, plus I like that he will go through the seat structurally and repair anything if need as as the foam. He did a nice set in blue vinyl and tweed that really resembles the original seats. I believe if possible I’ll send the rear seats so they can be done to match. It’s a harder choice than I originally thought it would be bc I’ve looked at tones of ideas, som so like but wouldn’t really go with our car's. The idea of the matching door panel insert is a cool idea. I asked him about the scarlet red but matching it would be hard and I don’t have anything I can send him to compare, and he said he only has bmw cardinal red which won’t match.

So in my head all wrapped outside around bolsters etc black like the first seats, do a dark tweed or that black herringbone tweed for the centers with red stitching like the all black seats. I actually really like the all black seats to, but that’s full vinyl I believe.
B6BDA7CE-7327-4D38-A3D5-F0D8FFFE9A3A.jpeg
7F8427DD-32A0-4D60-B870-8AF2E38DBBC5.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
The seats are like anything else, you keep looking and adding options it gets harder and harder to decide.
I saved my favorites and narrowed them down quickly.

You could land up like me, picking out wheels and tires for my f150 for the last 6 months (current tires are low on tread, so my time may be up).

The seats are like anything else, you keep looking and adding options it gets harder and harder to decide.
I saved my favorites and narrowed them down quickly.

You could land up like me, picking out wheels and tires for my f150 for the last 6 months (current tires are low on tread, so my time may be up).
Lol I’ve changed my mind so many times on colors, fabric, combinations. I want it to be some what one off but not to crazy but also not look like a stock seat either. I wish I could see his color palate and materials but obviously that’s hard not being there in person and I don’t want to overload him with emails.

Yeah, he said i was one of his easiest customers.
I picked color, material, the design based on a pic i found on the internet, gray baseball stitching and sent them.
Little bit of a leap of faith for me that payed off.
The reality is that no matter what you pick, they are really going to be one off.

Can he recover netted headrests?
Yes, when I asked about modifying those others I found he said he would not modify but could cover the headrests and redo the netting but I would need to find the netting. Fortunately the ones I have coming look to be in pretty good shape and the netting looks pretty good in the pics. We will see once I get them.

To be clear, my netted headrests are not really nets now.
At a glance they look like nets, but they really aren't.
I do like that plaid, but will you like it 5 years from now would be my worry.

They were nets when I bought them and they look like nets now, but the reality is they are not actual nets anymore. I looked though my pics and none show it clearly, I have to take some more. It's more like a mesh.

They were nets when I bought them and they look like nets now, but the reality is they are not actual nets anymore. I looked though my pics and none show it clearly, I have to take some more. It's more like a mesh.
I’ve also seen some headrests being sold in what I think you are talking about with a mesh look vs the slightly bigger net. Even some with just lines which isn’t overall appealing but I’ve seen some ppl with them. The netted headrests I should be getting in a couple of days are also different from yours and 5L5s. They are a little more short and stocky, but have seen them on quite a few Recaro seats. Also, how long did it take to get your brackets and sliders? Seems like I would’ve already received them. Does this company have a bulk supply of these or do they actually make them once ordered for your specific application? You can see the lined version of headrest in the pic with multiple headrests, and the headrests I have coming look like the ones on these seats.
725CF82E-50D2-4E7E-A23B-7401133559DC.png
36D4F1DF-7251-48D8-9730-CA7571C1857F.jpeg