Progress Thread My centrifugal ppl, how’s this deal?

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks man, yeah I had the LX light on for years. It is a really clean look, but just been wanting these new lights for a minute to do a little change up.
I agree. The orange on the lenses we have adds a hint of color. I would run the graters if I had some, but I would probably swap them out every once in a while. But I do like my 83-84 lenses.

Found these on eBay, I’m guessing where my mounts are this is the lightning intake of the GT40? Idk either way, I’ve kinda been wanting a cover and thought I could powder coat this one and try and etch out or keep the engraving in the silver. I know it’s not an original but still looks dang good. I like the motor sports one!
2B52C1B2-FEA6-45E8-8E4A-5DCD230E12D6.jpeg
1B6FFF3F-BFAD-48C2-8F24-08B31ED7989A.jpeg

This is the one I got for mine... have not painted it to match yet and not sure if I will. You need to measure the bolt hole spacing (where this mounts) on your intake to know which one to get.

6JYxmN0.jpg

Reactions: 2 users
I have the same cover. I painted it to match my intake. I have 3 foxbodies, all have tubular GT40 intakes. Two have the original ford covers and this car has the ebay one. The ebay one is nice for the money.

sFLv0s.jpg

Attachments

• sFLv0s.jpg
    sFLv0s.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 121
Reactions: 1 users
Alright so I’m attempting to do the wire tuck that foxcast media did on the passenger side. Idk if this is a good idea or just me bored with all this random snow Austin is having. I’m guessing these thing here in the corner are or where for the emissions stuff? Obviously that’s gone, so can I remove this stuff? Also what’s this tube for that’s called off?
A2EA4A2C-0CC0-4D4D-8A9E-2CF66D5FAC0B.jpeg
52EEC041-609F-455E-9F6C-B21C552A7E80.jpeg
34A72A8C-CFDC-4C2B-88C5-754E512A128C.jpeg

Grey plug used to go to your AC accumulator.
Third pic is probably the capped vacuum line from the smog pump delete.
The round solenoid is also part of the smog system. TAB or TAD sensor..... one of those.
The other plug looks different than what was on my ‘86, so I’ll wait til the experts chime in.

If you do ditch the top solenoid valve and plate behind the strut tower (with the red and green hoses) I’ll take it. I had no mount with a replacement valve, and used some galvanized sheet metal to make a mount. It works, but the right thing looks better.

I went back and looked at my old pics. My TAB/TAD solenoids we’re a little different looking, but I did remove them.
The EGR solenoid, I found a nice spot for at the top of the inner fender. Just a suggestion.
11B2BB23-2FD0-4E08-B44F-A4A346738383.jpeg

I went back and looked at my old pics. My TAB/TAD solenoids we’re a little different looking, but I did remove them.
The EGR solenoid, I found a nice spot for at the top of the inner fender. Just a suggestion.
11B2BB23-2FD0-4E08-B44F-A4A346738383.jpeg
Gotcha thanks man, I’m guessing all this round ball thing is also to do with emissions as well as that small canister that one of those things was plugged into up inside the fender area?
7725E07F-C32E-4A39-A0F9-27A02FDBB9F9.jpeg
EA0C3966-6DA3-463E-B4A7-70491AE705C1.jpeg
17E2B641-62D3-4518-AB53-C312AC42F347.jpeg

Gotcha thanks man, I’m guessing all this round ball thing is also to do with emissions as well as that small canister that one of those things was plugged into up inside the fender area?
7725E07F-C32E-4A39-A0F9-27A02FDBB9F9.jpeg
EA0C3966-6DA3-463E-B4A7-70491AE705C1.jpeg
17E2B641-62D3-4518-AB53-C312AC42F347.jpeg
One is for emissions, and the ohter one I believe the ball is the vac reserve for your HVAC.. if you delete it you won't have air/heat thru the vents just the foot well and top of dash like defrost.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 user
Somewhere on here is a pretty good diagram of the whole vacuum system. You could probably google it too...... so you can see exactly what goes where, and how you reroute the things you need to keep.
But, as Boosted said, that round canister (the one already off the car) you definitely want to keep operational.
The other one, I’m pretty sure I removed, but right now I can’t recall what it did. It made sense when I did it, but that was a while ago.

Last edited:
The round ball is vac reserve for HVAC. You'll want to leave that.

I'm about to do this myself. I'm tucking both sides and doing a power distribution block and starter relay delete. I may even relocate the BAP sensor to the fender and tuck the charcoal canister up and in the fender too.

I'm about to do this myself. I'm tucking both sides and doing a power distribution block and starter relay delete. I may even relocate the BAP sensor to the fender and tuck the charcoal canister up and in the fender too.
So what does this ball think connect to? I’m pretty sure it was either cut or just

ok so on where is it mounted to? It was just sort of hanging there when I pulled the liner. Plus it was also just sitting back there cut and not plugged into anything unless that is how it’s suppose to be?
3FE6D467-AC87-4F39-8830-781C6A0C08A2.jpeg