Progress Thread Project: Buried Under A Mountain Of Snow Black Hole Money Pit.

• Sponsors (?)

srtthis

the guy doing it does every local racers rear end
5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
the CRV was paid off... but new for new the explorer was about double what the CRV was

hell even used i paid more for the explorer than i did for the CRV

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Boca Raton, Florida
www.mustangworks.com
the CRV was paid off... but new for new the explorer was about double what the CRV was

hell even used i paid more for the explorer than i did for the CRV
Oh I know, my daily is a new Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring SUV, could have driving a new Mustang GT. Doubt both my 6 foot boys can fit in a new Mustang.

Love the Explorer's, great SUV.

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
Oh I know, my daily is a new Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring SUV, could have driving a new Mustang GT. Doubt both my 6 foot boys can fit in a new Mustang.

Love the Explorer's, great SUV.
yea i tried to talk the wife into a newer GT (shes the one who keeps me from doing dumb :poo:) and she just wouldnt go for it with the dogs and everything.
its hard to believe this thing has 15 less horsepower than my Gen 2 lightning did stock

VibrantRedGT

"STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER"
15 Year Member
Nov 29, 1999
Boca Raton, Florida
www.mustangworks.com
yea i tried to talk the wife into a newer GT (shes the one who keeps me from doing dumb :poo:) and she just wouldnt go for it with the dogs and everything.
its hard to believe this thing has 15 less horsepower than my Gen 2 lightning did stock
My friend bought a 1970 Chevelle L6 and his brand new Hyundai Genesis 5.0 4-door luxury car with 429 HP will kill it from 0-60 and 1/4 miles times.

He had a 2001 black Ford Lightning when they first came out. I put a Johnny Lightning Cold Air Kit on it, that was a job but we got almost 2psi out of it with a louder blower whine. His OCD was so bad he wouldn't drive it so he sold it with 1000 miles on it a few years later. I put 500 of those miles on it.

RangerJoe

I leave the horn on while driving
5 Year Member
Apr 26, 2010
Georgia
Before I left the PD I attended the first Georgia Public Safety driving course (1st of its kind in the southeast supposedly) for high center of gravity vehicles. I drove the 2015 Tahoe that I was assigned and i posted the fastest times for any of the Tahoes. However, the AWD Explorers flat killed it. The fastest laps were 12-13 seconds faster than what I could do with the Tahoe. I left with a new level of respect for them.

Joe

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
Before I left the PD I attended the first Georgia Public Safety driving course (1st of its kind in the southeast supposedly) for high center of gravity vehicles. I drove the 2015 Tahoe that I was assigned and i posted the fastest times for any of the Tahoes. However, the AWD Explorers flat killed it. The fastest laps were 12-13 seconds faster than what I could do with the Tahoe. I left with a new level of respect for them.

Joe
seems like all the PD up here have them now.

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
well... i crawled in the car last night to check a few things with the switch panel to make sure i had it wired correctly. i didnt... gotta move 1 wire

Jul 7, 2005
At least you double checked your work. Most of us wouldn't have or least I probably wouldn't have being in a hurry.

srtthis

5 Year Member
Jul 3, 2009
Maryland
www.crazybobracing.com
didnt take any pictures after i got the rest of the inserts in. but i knocked all the plastic inserts out. welded a steel backing plate in and inserted rivnuts.
CARBON PANEL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: