Progress Thread Project: Buried Under A Mountain Of Snow Black Hole Money Pit.

• Sponsors (?)

the CRV was paid off... but new for new the explorer was about double what the CRV was

hell even used i paid more for the explorer than i did for the CRV

the CRV was paid off... but new for new the explorer was about double what the CRV was

hell even used i paid more for the explorer than i did for the CRV

Oh I know, my daily is a new Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring SUV, could have driving a new Mustang GT. Doubt both my 6 foot boys can fit in a new Mustang.

Love the Explorer's, great SUV.

Oh I know, my daily is a new Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring SUV, could have driving a new Mustang GT. Doubt both my 6 foot boys can fit in a new Mustang.

Love the Explorer's, great SUV.
yea i tried to talk the wife into a newer GT (shes the one who keeps me from doing dumb :poo:) and she just wouldnt go for it with the dogs and everything.
its hard to believe this thing has 15 less horsepower than my Gen 2 lightning did stock

yea i tried to talk the wife into a newer GT (shes the one who keeps me from doing dumb :poo:) and she just wouldnt go for it with the dogs and everything.
its hard to believe this thing has 15 less horsepower than my Gen 2 lightning did stock

My friend bought a 1970 Chevelle L6 and his brand new Hyundai Genesis 5.0 4-door luxury car with 429 HP will kill it from 0-60 and 1/4 miles times.

He had a 2001 black Ford Lightning when they first came out. I put a Johnny Lightning Cold Air Kit on it, that was a job but we got almost 2psi out of it with a louder blower whine. His OCD was so bad he wouldn't drive it so he sold it with 1000 miles on it a few years later. I put 500 of those miles on it.

Before I left the PD I attended the first Georgia Public Safety driving course (1st of its kind in the southeast supposedly) for high center of gravity vehicles. I drove the 2015 Tahoe that I was assigned and i posted the fastest times for any of the Tahoes. However, the AWD Explorers flat killed it. The fastest laps were 12-13 seconds faster than what I could do with the Tahoe. I left with a new level of respect for them.

Joe

Before I left the PD I attended the first Georgia Public Safety driving course (1st of its kind in the southeast supposedly) for high center of gravity vehicles. I drove the 2015 Tahoe that I was assigned and i posted the fastest times for any of the Tahoes. However, the AWD Explorers flat killed it. The fastest laps were 12-13 seconds faster than what I could do with the Tahoe. I left with a new level of respect for them.

Joe

seems like all the PD up here have them now.

well... i crawled in the car last night to check a few things with the switch panel to make sure i had it wired correctly. i didnt... gotta move 1 wire

didnt take any pictures after i got the rest of the inserts in. but i knocked all the plastic inserts out. welded a steel backing plate in and inserted rivnuts.
CARBON PANEL.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 4 users