Progress Thread 89 hatch hydroplanedrifterweldeddiff thread:

• Sponsors (?)

Did this mod yesterday..
20200214_133740.jpg
20200214_144033.jpg
20200214_154123.jpg

Next up is a bbk 24lb MAF. (Local new but for $150) Car is on 24lb injectors with stock MAF. So thinking it might run a little stronger/better once it has a better A/F. I assume its dog rich now.

Upper spherical bushings for rear end (new)
Bbk upper/lower control arms, poly (used)

Next other stuff that'll have to wait.
H&R super race springs
MM CC plates
front fender flares.
List goes on..... lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Installed some eibach sportlines. Rides pretty :poo:ty on stock shock/struts but not terrible. Looks so much better and ppl say the rears are soft but they feel firmer to me, slides easier for sure, less rear body roll. Handles a lot better no doubt.

Before and after:
20200331_162935.jpg
20200402_095502.jpg

Front isolators top and bottom. Rear no isolators for now. If it settles lower will add rear uppers. Edit: I gotta add, those small 215/45 rears look terrible lol. Just burners i got for cheap.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
New mod went in: aluminum driveshaft.
Scooped it used for $160.
20200525_194419.jpg
20200525_201556.jpg
20200525_204347.jpg

Performance: id say i def. Felt it pull better 2-5k rpm. I aint got much hp, so i think id feel it more than someone with 400+hp. Felt super smooth at high speed 80-100. Subframes did the samething there. Stoked on it.

Wrenching:
Lucky me, my driveshaft bolts were already on the loose side. Lolol. They took 15lbft vs 30-50 expected. They were all the way in, just came loose pretty easy. Pulled it out, greased the alum. one, threw it in, eazy peezy. I guess i chose the other bolt pattern (of course) and the bolts got way to tight to fast, so had to pull em and got a closer look, chose where i thought it was supposed to be, + a squirt of starett M1, then they all went in by hand. Tightened. Done.

Finally got some axles off ebay. Been down for 5 weeks. Got that in yesterday and up and running again. Then on way home was running fine, then picked up a miss randomly, like whole cylinder down miss. Was like wth. Ended up being a spark plug wire burnt to the core. Lol. Saw a white mark on my header was like hmmm.. dont remember that. So scooped a plug wire from oreilly for $6.00. And changed 3 or 4 plugs to new ones, cuz a couple cylinders do burn oil. All power back though running strong.

Hood project. Scooped it for $50. +60 into it all said and done. I want to add 2 more vents on the cowl tho. +20 more if i do that. Its going to get carbon wrapped. Wrap should be here next week.

The corner was pretty messed up. I used bondo glass and my fingers to apply it. Then a lot of sanding. About 5hrs in now where it sits.
received_272821207242290.jpeg
received_240637020556404.jpeg
20200529_164749.jpg
20200529_180922.jpg

20200524_202612.jpg

Painted it to help the wrap stick to it.

EDit: forgot to take pic before paint after bondo and sand.

Last edited:
Had that pic in my phone. Just added for :poo:s and grins. Thats a wild rabbit btw, took a week or 2 to get em to come eat from hand.

So check this out.. took hood off, unplugged bulb and left that ground open. Had to run to ace, Started fine. Halfway to ace, i thought i smelt electrical burn, was like hmm.. was around traffic though, so hard to pinpoint. Made it to ace, started fine leaving, get home get hood on. Go to start it, nothing. Power but no starter. Was like oh, maybe i need to ground that ground. Did that, no start. Ok starter solenoid burned out i thought. So go get solenoid (oreillys, best place). Put it on. Nothing. Hmm, let me try to tighten it a bit tighter. Snap. Lolol. Breaks positive terminal on solenoid. Go replace it, boom. Fires up.

Question is, would leaving that ground open cause the solenoid to burn out? It seems so to me. Maybe it was just bad timing.
20200530_201530.jpg

Waiting till i wrap it to put the vents in.

Last edited:
20200604_112920.jpg

20200604_115203.jpg

El finito for the hood. Stoked on it. A few more little bubbles i need to get out. But it'll work for me for $110 said and done. Cant see much carbon in the pic, but looks mostly legit, i think. Ill have to co.pare it against someones carbon hood when i see one. Need.to paint the pins also yet.

Dent in fender is from me punching it few days ago. Damn thing dents so easy smh. Got a terrible mental/anger issue thats spiraled out of control recently. Lol.

That line to the left middle of the passenger vent is a seem. Was last spot i was finishing and just wasnt gonna go away so had to cut and overlap. Can bearly see it. Doesnt even catch my eye when i look at hood, so not too bad.

Last edited:
Took about 5 hrs and was a royal PITA also. Lol. I thought it was gonna be easy. Ha. Had to learn the technique, heat a wee bit and pull hard helped a lot. Still super challenging. Was hot af and humid as hell. Rollin sweat. So was very enjoyable. Pfftt. Lol.