• Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech

proper clutch break in

  • Thread starter Thread starter Roos85
  • Start date Start date May 6, 2008
R

Roos85

New Member
Mar 29, 2008
125
0
0
Maryland
May 6, 2008
#1
  • May 6, 2008
  • #1
how do I properly break in a new clutch?
 

lvmustanggt

New Member
Apr 9, 2006
721
0
0
Las Vegas
May 6, 2008
#2
  • May 6, 2008
  • #2
don't go WOT until you put 450-500 miles of stop go driving. Always shift before 3000 rpm. I did it with my centerforce dfc , took me for ever to go 500 miles cause it my dd and I live close to my work
 
R

Roos85

New Member
Mar 29, 2008
125
0
0
Maryland
May 6, 2008
#3
  • May 6, 2008
  • #3
thanks
 

bhuff30

Founding Member
Dec 11, 2001
6,037
35
129
Olathe KS
May 6, 2008
#4
  • May 6, 2008
  • #4
yup, drive it gently the first 500 miles. No WOT shifts, and no launches. Personally, I don't see the problem going WOT when the clutch is fully engaged, but make sure it is fully engaged and not slipping when going WOT.
 

lvmustanggt

New Member
Apr 9, 2006
721
0
0
Las Vegas
May 7, 2008
#5
  • May 7, 2008
  • #5
Roos85 said:
thanks
Click to expand...

welcome. It's very hard to drive 500 miles and not go wot, but can be down
I did it so can you , just to let you know my car is giving me about 13 mpg as I am 95% of the time WOT.

I was driving like old lady for months to put on 500 miles, got lot's ricer fly-by but didn't give a ***** cause I know I will ****ed up my clutch if I did. Now my clutch is over 600 miles and I don't get any challenge
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

L
2006 mustang gt has high clutch bite
  • leevikisley
  • Feb 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
0
Views
243
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Feb 22, 2026
leevikisley
L
Clutch pedal to Quadrant lag
  • Potomus Pete
  • Aug 22, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
13
Views
341
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 27, 2026
Noobz347
00 4.6L V8 new clutch won’t go into gear when on?
  • Timboslice
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • The Welcome Wagon
Replies
3
Views
174
The Welcome Wagon Aug 21, 2026
Noobz347
WTB Wanted - Foxbody clutch pedal
  • TTSaleen
  • Aug 4, 2026
  • Want to Buy
Replies
3
Views
155
Want to Buy Aug 6, 2026
General karthief
D
Mustang not starting
  • Dawry Ramos
  • Sep 12, 2026
  • 2015 - 2023 Specific Tech
Replies
7
Views
186
2015 - 2023 Specific Tech Sep 13, 2026
Mcmahst
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?