Pulling the trigger on Holley terminator x.

91GTstroked

15 Year Member
Jun 14, 2007
Hello everyone,

I've been looking at the 5.0 specific kit 550-937F for a while.

My car is a basic HCI car with a 5 speed. As far as I know, it's never had a custom tune. Mods have been on the car for 15+ years.

My car also has a crane fireball hi-6 ignition box. I'm trying to decide if I should stay with the stock distributor or the dual sync distributor.

Looking for feedback and pointers from those who have installed them.

My car is currently in winter storage, so trying to do as much research as possible.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I have no problems with the factory tfi distributer. Only thing I had to do was bend the pins on the holley tfi adapter harness with a flat head. Its a common issue/easy fix. You already have the ignition box so the dual sync is only another few hundred bucks, up to you.

Reactions: 1 user
I have no problems with the factory tfi distributer. Only thing I had to do was bend the pins on the holley tfi adapter harness with a flat head. Its a common issue/easy fix. You already have the ignition box so the dual sync is only another few hundred bucks, up to you.
Thanks for the heads up. I ended up ordering the dual sync distributor.

I would stay with the factory distributor or a good ford reman one, aftermarket ones like MSD are hit and miss since a lot of things are made in China plus no real change with an aftermarket one unless you want a shiny billet piece of aluminum. I had a MSD one a few years back and had some issues, went back to the factory one and running great

Last edited:
I would stay with the factory distributor or a good ford reman one, aftermarket ones like MSD are hit and miss since a lot of things are made in China plus no real change with an aftermarket one unless you want a shiny billet piece of aluminum. I had a MSD one a few years back and had some issues, went back to the factory one and running great
This is a dual sync distributor. It eliminates the tfi module and plugs into the holley harness. Haven't heard anything bad about it yet.

Sorry for late reply but I had a MSD pro billet distributor, was giving me problems and might have been the pickup coil so switched to my oem factory one and it was fine. I imagine the dual sync are ok, haven't heard any bad feedback about them.

Did you order the Term-X? Since you don't seem to be getting too much input I figured I would chime in. This kit was amazing to install. I just got mine running a couple of weeks ago. Due to weather I haven't cleaned up the install just yet and tucked it all away. I would stick with the TFI factory dizzy if I were you. Start changing too many things during a swap like this you makes it a little harder to single out any issues. Install took about 4-5 hours after replacing injectors to get it up and running. From initial start it seems to run much better. There are plenty of videos out there to watch on the Foxbody specific install though. But I think you got the right idea on doing as much research as possible.

I would change the length of the harness though seems a bit long.

Reactions: 1 users
Did you order the Term-X? Since you don't seem to be getting too much input I figured I would chime in. This kit was amazing to install. I just got mine running a couple of weeks ago. Due to weather I haven't cleaned up the install just yet and tucked it all away. I would stick with the TFI factory dizzy if I were you. Start changing too many things during a swap like this you makes it a little harder to single out any issues. Install took about 4-5 hours after replacing injectors to get it up and running. From initial start it seems to run much better. There are plenty of videos out there to watch on the Foxbody specific install though. But I think you got the right idea on doing as much research as possible.

I would change the length of the harness though seems a bit long.
Thanks for your input. Yes I have the terminator x kit and the distributor. I won't be able to install until spring time. I recently bought a heated shop, but don't want to mess with the car while it's at a storage unit for the winter.

I've thought about leaving the factory distributor. I just hate the whole tfi module setup. I currently have the tfi module on a heat sink on passenger side fender. I may leave it for now, and I could always try it out later.

So, I guess one thing that I ran in to this week that I should mention. You will want to get the cable to adapt it to USB and use on the Laptop and the handhelp wont allow for a lot of adjustments. I have mine running but I haven't been able to hook up the E-Fans, IAC and adjust the injector Off time yet... Its on its way so I will update with any other issues/suggestions.

So, I guess one thing that I ran in to this week that I should mention. You will want to get the cable to adapt it to USB and use on the Laptop and the handhelp wont allow for a lot of adjustments. I have mine running but I haven't been able to hook up the E-Fans, IAC and adjust the injector Off time yet... Its on its way so I will update with any other issues/suggestions.
Thanks I planned on ordering that cable at some point. I'm curious if I'll need to make any changes to my autometer gauges and my electric fan turns on around 180*. I can manually turn it off or on once it reaches that temp using a switch.