• Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-

Pypes Muffler Delete

  • Thread starter Thread starter mwhite29
  • Start date Start date Jan 16, 2008
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Jan 22, 2008
#21
  • Jan 22, 2008
  • #21
Good choice. I love mine. The no drone is a definite bonus.
 
F

FarmerTom390

New Member
Feb 13, 2002
8
0
0
Johnstown PA
Jan 29, 2008
#22
  • Jan 29, 2008
  • #22
Here is a pretty crappy vid of mine with the pypes md's on , i'll get a better one sometime

View attachment 333711
 

sonnier

Member
Jan 7, 2008
56
0
6
Pearland, TX
Jan 29, 2008
#23
  • Jan 29, 2008
  • #23
I had my muffler deletes installed friday. If I had to do it all over again I would go with the SLP Loudmouths, though because the Pypes MDs needed to be cut down and we had to cut off and re-weld some of the hangers. Also the ID of the tips was at least a 1/4" bigger than the OD of the piping so we had to flare the piping and TIGed the tips on to the piping. The labor would have easily cost me more than if I had just bought the LMs but luckily my buddy did it for free. After the pain of installation, though, I am very satisfied. They look and sound awesome, even my GF likes them, hehe.
 
M

mwhite29

Member
Mar 4, 2006
34
1
8
Jan 29, 2008
#24
  • Jan 29, 2008
  • #24
sonnier said:
I had my muffler deletes installed friday. If I had to do it all over again I would go with the SLP Loudmouths, though because the Pypes MDs needed to be cut down and we had to cut off and re-weld some of the hangers. Also the ID of the tips was at least a 1/4" bigger than the OD of the piping so we had to flare the piping and TIGed the tips on to the piping. The labor would have easily cost me more than if I had just bought the LMs but luckily my buddy did it for free. After the pain of installation, though, I am very satisfied. They look and sound awesome, even my GF likes them, hehe.
Click to expand...

You didn't have to cut the hanger. I'll assume it was the passenger side? I think that's a common issue. You have to loosen the midpipe clamp and adjust the midpipe after the h-pipe to get it to sit right.
 

DarkFireGT

Playing with my wife's really makes me want one.
10 Year Member
May 23, 2004
692
10
89
East Moline, IL
Jan 29, 2008
#25
  • Jan 29, 2008
  • #25
Yup, that's a very common issue with many axlebacks. A quick adjustment of the over axle pipe on the passenger side fixes it 98% of the time.
 

walter

Founding Member
Aug 13, 1998
1,054
0
46
Houston TX
Jan 29, 2008
#26
  • Jan 29, 2008
  • #26
Ah come on slick parking lot, nobody around thats your cue to hit the TCS OFF button and misbehave

J/K nice for no muffler doesn't sound bad at all.
 

CRoberts91

Member
Jul 10, 2007
148
1
18
Northport, AL
Jan 29, 2008
#27
  • Jan 29, 2008
  • #27
Yeah, i here about this alot. I have an O/R Prochamber for sale that sounds great with muffler deletes. I ran it with my Loudmouths up until yesterday afternoon, I'm gettin ready to change setups. If you're interested PM me. Great lookin car, keep up the good work!

Edit: Sorry MWhite, I thought that was your video of the black stang, i'm sure your car looks great too though! :thumbs up: Congratulations on the purchase though. PM me if you're interested in the Prochamber.
 

sonnier

Member
Jan 7, 2008
56
0
6
Pearland, TX
Jan 30, 2008
#28
  • Jan 30, 2008
  • #28
mwhite29 said:
You didn't have to cut the hanger. I'll assume it was the passenger side? I think that's a common issue. You have to loosen the midpipe clamp and adjust the midpipe after the h-pipe to get it to sit right.
Click to expand...

Yes, that would be the one. Too late now.
 
Prev
  • 1
  • 2
First Prev 2 of 2
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Engine (EGR Deleted) Solution the hotter combustion chambers?
  • PonyGTrider
  • Jan 21, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 3 4 5
Replies
97
Views
4K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 2, 2026
PonyGTrider
R
For Sale 2008 Mustang Bullitt for sale Richmond Hill, ON, Canada L4C 0S3
  • ROHDRNNR
  • Jun 10, 2026
  • S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14)
Replies
0
Views
308
S197 Mustangs For Sale (2005-14) Jun 10, 2026
ROHDRNNR
R
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
352
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
E
2007 GT Stalls when lights or a/c turned on
  • ejscarfo
  • Jun 22, 2026
  • 2005 - 2009 Specific Tech
Replies
3
Views
249
2005 - 2009 Specific Tech Sep 26, 2026
manicmechanic007
J
98 mustang gt carbon fiber
  • jay99914
  • Nov 14, 2025
  • 1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
159
1996 - 2004 SN95 Mustang -General/Talk- Nov 14, 2025
jay99914
J
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?