• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Questions For Anyone Using New Edge Seats In Their Fox

  • Thread starter Thread starter 92Apocalypso
  • Start date Start date May 5, 2017

92Apocalypso

Well-Known Member
Mar 7, 2017
217
62
58
May 5, 2017
#1
  • May 5, 2017
  • #1
my stock seats are really starting to bother my lower back, and they are a little beat, so debating an upgrade. I've always loved new edge cobra Seats or even mach 1s. I've seen the tutorials on how to do the swap on the Seats and all, looks great if executed properly. just curious how much higher those seats sit than stock. some people tell me not to do it. I'm 5' 11" tall, so I think I would be fine. also, for the price of preowned seats, do I just say screw it and grab corbeaus? (even tho I don't like the look of their rear seat).
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
May 5, 2017
#2
  • May 5, 2017
  • #2
They are higher. I'm 6'1" and while I don't hit the roof, I find adjusting the radio is an awkward stretch.

I used fox tracks with mine, and I think if I snagged an SN95 power track it might go lower.

Part of me is thinking of finding a good set of 87-89 sport seats, and recovering them sand going back to the oem look and feel
 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,051
10,676
213
polk county florida
May 5, 2017
#3
  • May 5, 2017
  • #3
I have a collection of sport seats for parts/replcements, pm me if you need anything, I'm in Fl. You know, the state of confusion.
 
Reactions: DSB88GT

JoeDaddy

Honey, I need a check for $30k to pay the hooker
10 Year Member
Apr 20, 2010
760
647
144
SW Michigan
May 5, 2017
#4
  • May 5, 2017
  • #4
Mustang5L5 said:
I think if I snagged an SN95 power track it might go lower.
Click to expand...
Let me know if you're looking for one. Pretty sure the drivers seat on my parts car is power.

/derail
 

Mustang5L5

That is…until I whipped out my Bissell
Mod Dude
Feb 18, 2001
43,330
18,058
224
Massachusetts
May 5, 2017
#5
  • May 5, 2017
  • #5
JoeDaddy said:
Let me know if you're looking for one. Pretty sure the drivers seat on my parts car is power.

/derail
Click to expand...

Thanks, but I literally just snagged one off ebay a couple hours ago after thinking about this thread. I drove my car last night, and the height of the seat with the Fox track annoyed me enough that I need to explore lowering it a tad to make it more comfortable to drive.

If this doesn't work, I've been digging the latest offerings of recovering original fox seats. Those weren't available back when I got my Sn seats, but I love the look of some of the custom setups I've seen done.
 
Reactions: JoeDaddy and 92Apocalypso

92Apocalypso

Well-Known Member
Mar 7, 2017
217
62
58
May 5, 2017
#6
  • May 5, 2017
  • #6
Mustang5L5 said:
They are higher. I'm 6'1" and while I don't hit the roof, I find adjusting the radio is an awkward stretch.

I used fox tracks with mine, and I think if I snagged an SN95 power track it might go lower.

Part of me is thinking of finding a good set of 87-89 sport seats, and recovering them sand going back to the oem look and feel
Click to expand...

this is the kind of info I was looking for! thanks. I think corbeau may be the route to go for me then. the stock seats aren't terrible, so even though I like the kits they make to cover it, is rather just have them available to put back in if need be.
 

TOOLOW91

If you're the village idiot what's that make me?
20+ Year Stangneter
Nov 29, 1999
8,500
8,753
234
S.I.NY
May 7, 2017
#7
  • May 7, 2017
  • #7
A little bit higher but not Crazy. I'm 5"10 - 5"11 and I'm fine in mine
 

Attachments

  • 13669640_535868259932323_4319331961764398262_n.webp
    170 KB · Views: 239
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

What's it Worth? 2000 GT
  • Mustang5L5
  • May 8, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
6
Views
425
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 13, 2026
KRUISR
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
447
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 26, 2026
fasterthangas
F
R
What's it Worth? 1997 Cobra, a ton of mods and restoration
  • riored97snake
  • Jun 18, 2026
  • What is it Worth?!?!?
Replies
2
Views
342
What is it Worth?!?!? Jun 21, 2026
riored97snake
R
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
351
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Engine Suggestions on an engine rebuild. Stock cam/GT40Ps or aftermarket on both for a fun weekend driver?
  • MadSquirrelTech
  • Apr 28, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 7, 2026
MadSquirrelTech
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?