Quick Question about stock lower intake

fordman54935

Jan 10, 2003
Wisconsin
I have a lower intake from a 1986 (i'm pretty sure thats what year it is) 5.0 HO motor I picked up a while ago. The part number is RF-E6SE-9K461-D6A.

Is this lower the same as the newer years? I would like to undertake my first porting project :D but I don't want to waste my time on a sub-par lower intake. Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

ACCUTALY I PORTED A LOWER INTAKE THAT WAS ONLY USED FOR 500 MILES HE CONVERTED TO CARB RIGHT OFF THE LOT. AND GAVE IT TO ME . THE RUNNERS ACCUALY HAD MORE CASTING MATERIAL THAN MY 88. THERE WAS MORE ROOM TO PORT PLUSS I HAD PUDDLES ADDED TO THE FIRST 3 PORTS ON EACH SIDE TO ALOW FOR STREIGHTER FLOW. IT TURNED OUT GOOD TELL ME IF YOU WANT PICS.

88mustangGT said:
ACCUTALY I PORTED A LOWER INTAKE THAT WAS ONLY USED FOR 500 MILES HE CONVERTED TO CARB RIGHT OFF THE LOT. AND GAVE IT TO ME . THE RUNNERS ACCUALY HAD MORE CASTING MATERIAL THAN MY 88. THERE WAS MORE ROOM TO PORT PLUSS I HAD PUDDLES ADDED TO THE FIRST 3 PORTS ON EACH SIDE TO ALOW FOR STREIGHTER FLOW. IT TURNED OUT GOOD TELL ME IF YOU WANT PICS.

Thanks for the help guys!

I'd be interested in seeing pics of your ported lower. If you could email them to me at [email protected] when you get time I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!