Quick question microsquirt

Tufgriz

Sep 23, 2019
Washington
Had my car running and driving for a little while and does pretty good just some idle hiccups. Question is, if i have my timing set and scyned right now and i was to remove and reinstall my distributor and scyned it at a different balancer mark say 15 before i removed it and 10 after would there be any issues or would i need to rework my timing table?

• Sponsors (?)

The timing table is the commanded timing, think of it as a total timing table. It already takes the timing offset into account.

Lock the timing in tunerstudio and then sync the distributor as long as the set timing value is the same as what is read on the balancer you are good to go. [leave the spout in]

If you need further clarification I have videos linked in my signature

The timing table is the commanded timing, think of it as a total timing table. It already takes the timing offset into account.

Lock the timing in tunerstudio and then sync the distributor as long as the set timing value is the same as what is read on the balancer you are good to go. [leave the spout in]

If you need further clarification I have videos linked in my signature
That was my thought and what i was expecting. So if you readjusted the distributor at a lower number you would be able to get a lower timing number such as pulling timing in your idle advance timing?

correct, you cannot run any timing lower than the base timing value.

I have only needed to pull excessive timing on a select few builds, all of which have very large cams high compression and large runner heads.

most SBF like to be between 15 and 25* of timing depending on the build

correct, you cannot run any timing lower than the base timing value.

I have only needed to pull excessive timing on a select few builds, all of which have very large cams high compression and large runner heads.

most SBF like to be between 15 and 25* of timing depending on the build
Im running 18 if i remember correct its not a huge cam but comparable to a tf#1. Its a lunati 20350514. Ive been considering resetting so that i can go a little lower if need while fine tuning