Raced a Mach in the Cobra

SoonerSnake

Sep 8, 2007
I raced a Mach1 in the Cobra tonight. I was pretty surprised we were even in first and I started to pull away in 2nd. We are both stock, anyone else raced any machs if so what was your outcome?

Aawwww, look what you did! KT is sad now and it saddens me
Oooooh, bacons ready, now I am happy again want some KT?

It saddens me that you people street race

It was 1:30 in the morning, no one else around and on a secluded road with a median, and it was over by 3rd gear. I don't do to much street racing, but the closest track is like 40 miles and only open 1 night per week for test and tune, and it is usually packed and you pay 15 or 20 bucks for like 3 runs in 5 hours.

Correct me if im wrong but arent the Mach 1s under rated horsepower wise from the factory by quite a bit. Stock for stock against a 99-01 cobra could go either way. Last time i was at the track some guy had a mach 1 running 13.0-13.2 all day with his only mod being drag radials. I was pretty impressed .

No, that's just what happens when you can get a 4V to hook

Stock Mach is basically a 99-01 Cobra with a live axle rear end. Does anyone know why Machs are advertised as 305hp and the 99-01 Cobras are 320hp?

Lemme see, different cams, different intake. I don't know if the blocks were the same. I know that 99/01 cobra's had aluminum blocks. The cobra cams allow us to pull harder up top, where as from what I understand, the Mach cams were a little more mild and allowed better low and mid. Correct me if I am wrong.

I have both and stock for stock the mach is far more responsive than the cobra. my mach is now full bolt ons except LT's and made 300/330. its still no match for my 97 that made 468 before the incident.......(#7&8 ringlands).it will be more after a bunch of money