Rack and pinion 96 mustang gt what do y’all recommend

• Sponsors (?)

If they are close in price(and same warranty) then I would go with the Motorcraft Unit. If the AC Delco is much cheaper then I would check the history/details of the AC Delco Unit. I have had good luck in the past with AC Delco Parts, especially since they are the Motorcraft of GM I believe.

If they are close in price(and same warranty) then I would go with the Motorcraft Unit. If the AC Delco is much cheaper then I would check the history/details of the AC Delco Unit. I have had good luck in the past with AC Delco Parts, especially since they are the Motorcraft of GM I believe.

Well they both have a 2 year warranty the ac delco is 107 and the motorcraft is 256 just thinking maybe staying with the motorcraft I mean the original did last 22 years lol

For that price differential(money is tight around here) I would go with the AC Delco. I wanted Ford OEM rotors for my "98 Cobra and when they arrived the boxes said made in China to FoMoCo Specification, they worked fine for years until I had to sell the car. Unless you know where the ACDelco is made the Ford could be made in the same place, even if it only lasts half the time 11 years..... Understand though the peace of mind using OEM so if money is no problem then why not.

If you are going to go with a reman unit, select one for a 2004 Mustang GT or a 2004 Cobra. Different valving and torsion spring for a bit of a sportier drive. Direct swap in.

If you are going to go with a reman unit, select one for a 2004 Mustang GT or a 2004 Cobra. Different valving and torsion spring for a bit of a sportier drive. Direct swap in.

So if I’m ordering from like rock auto I can just order one for a 2004 gt or cobra and it would fit perfectly with out any mods

So if I’m ordering from like rock auto I can just order one for a 2004 gt or cobra and it would fit perfectly with out any mods

So changing this rack and pinion to a 2004 gt what is the advantages of it over stock for 96 and will I need to change any thing else replacing this to a 2004 is the 2004 beefer then the stock 96 one

So changing this rack and pinion to a 2004 gt what is the advantages of it over stock for 96 and will I need to change any thing else replacing this to a 2004 is the 2004 beefer then the stock 96 one

Direct swap. No need to change anything.

The later racks have different valving and torsion spring tension. It tends to give a sportier feel with firmer steering. Not a night and day difference, but if the cost of the racks is about the same, go with the later model ones. Cobra would be slightly firmer than a GT/Mach1