• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-

Ram Clutch

  • Thread starter Thread starter 7upstang91
  • Start date Start date Dec 27, 2009

7upstang91

10 Year Member
May 30, 2008
936
124
74
Florida
Dec 27, 2009
#1
  • Dec 27, 2009
  • #1
Anyone like the Ram clutch? Or driven a car with one for that matter?
I was going to replace the stock one in the Cobra when I go to replace the TOB. So I just order a Ram stage 1, it was only $10 more than a stock replacement one. I figured what the heck. Any imput?
Thanks!
 

tannerc91gt

This last 25% is foreign territory at this point
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
4,392
2,967
234
Indiana
Dec 28, 2009
#2
  • Dec 28, 2009
  • #2
i just put in a Ram HDX (450hp rated) clutch a few days ago. cant really rip on it yet but i like it a lot so far, very firm. just trying to break it in right.
 

7upstang91

10 Year Member
May 30, 2008
936
124
74
Florida
Dec 28, 2009
#3
  • Dec 28, 2009
  • #3
tannerc91gt said:
i just put in a Ram HDX (450hp rated) clutch a few days ago. cant really rip on it yet but i like it a lot so far, very firm. just trying to break it in right.
Click to expand...

Thanks! Glad to hear it! Let me know when you get to rip on it. Not that the car I have is going to be ripped on.
 
I

Icemanstang

New Member
Dec 28, 2009
149
0
0
Potstown,Pennsylvania
Dec 28, 2009
#4
  • Dec 28, 2009
  • #4
I know two people that tryed RAM HDX clutches on their 5.0's
and they both said that they didn't like them and were too
notchy,stiff,and didn't like how they hold power.
Everyone I know including myself how have used the Centerforce
DF clutch simply love it.
It is the best clutch I ever used on a mustang.
 

apollo12

New Member
Dec 11, 2007
155
0
0
port st.lucie fla
Dec 28, 2009
#5
  • Dec 28, 2009
  • #5
I was unhappy with my ram clutch,I used it for about 1 week and pulled it out
 

bentley429isBAC

10 Year Member
Jul 23, 2009
922
188
84
CT
Dec 28, 2009
#6
  • Dec 28, 2009
  • #6
I am guessing your car is fairly stock? Ran a ram 900 for a year before I swapped out for a auto. Best clutch I have ever used. Held good power.
 

7upstang91

10 Year Member
May 30, 2008
936
124
74
Florida
Dec 28, 2009
#7
  • Dec 28, 2009
  • #7
Just a cold air intake and x pipe.
 

tannerc91gt

This last 25% is foreign territory at this point
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
4,392
2,967
234
Indiana
Dec 28, 2009
#8
  • Dec 28, 2009
  • #8
They're much too "stiff" for low power levels. I spray mine and have trouble grabbing gears with the stock clutch. This one feels like it has a lot more grip. It'll be a while before I know for sure, 500ish miles to break in and I only put like 2000 on it a year
 

tannerc91gt

This last 25% is foreign territory at this point
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
4,392
2,967
234
Indiana
Dec 28, 2009
#9
  • Dec 28, 2009
  • #9
* but if you're using one that's closer to stock specs then You'll be fine
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

S
Best place to source power steering parts for a '67? (control valve, ram, hoses)
  • SophiaTatum
  • Jun 15, 2026
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Replies
2
Views
145
Classic Mustang Specific Tech Jun 18, 2026
SophiaTatum
S
S
Holley High-ram tuning settings
  • spencergt66
  • Apr 1, 2026
  • Digital Self-tuning Forum
  • 2
Replies
28
Views
956
Digital Self-tuning Forum Jun 19, 2026
spencergt66
S
N
Vibration after new clutch
  • nipple_looker
  • Sep 20, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
23
Views
431
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Saturday at 12:05 PM
fasterthangas
F
B
Where to go from here on my build…
  • B0udreaux
  • Jul 14, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
342
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Jul 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
TKX Install in the Coupe
  • AeroCoupe
  • Apr 12, 2025
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2 3
Replies
48
Views
3K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- May 26, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?