• Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All

Remote Wire Hookup..

  • Thread starter Thread starter Smeech
  • Start date Start date Nov 2, 2005

Smeech

Member
Feb 28, 2004
148
1
16
Fremont, Ca
Nov 2, 2005
#1
  • Nov 2, 2005
  • #1
Yeah, another remote wire hookup thread.. I can't find a solid answer..

I have a stock headunit...

I wired my Lightning Audio amp up with my Alpine Type S sub and everything is complete except for the remote wire. I jumped the remote wire/power wire to test, and everything is working correctly (thank god). I just cannot find a good 12V power source for the remote wire. I tried hooking it up to the radio fuse, but it still keeps the amp on even if the car is off.

Is my best bet pulling out the stock h/u and hooking it up to the ignition wire?

Thanks!
 

iskwezm

10 Year Member
May 24, 2005
4,159
20
79
Rowland Heights,California
Nov 2, 2005
#2
  • Nov 2, 2005
  • #2
you want to use a key switched wire on the back of the radio and it should work fine for you
 

Smeech

Member
Feb 28, 2004
148
1
16
Fremont, Ca
Nov 2, 2005
#3
  • Nov 2, 2005
  • #3
alright, I think that's what I'll do. Now I hope I have my factory head unit 'keys'...
 
9

92Patrol5.0

Founding Member
Sep 20, 1999
1,076
1
38
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Nov 4, 2005
#4
  • Nov 4, 2005
  • #4
There should be an open fuse in the fuse panel that's an ignition wire. I have my autometer guages hooked into an ignition wire so the guages only have power when the ignition is turned on. I have 92 5.0. What car do you have? I'm not sure if the fuse panels are the same for all years, I would assume they are. I could look and see what fuse slot I have mine plugged into if you want.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

3
Electrical Starter solenoid green wire?
  • 387lx
  • Jun 1, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
205
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jun 2, 2026
AeroCoupe
T
Electrical Brown Connector #31
  • ta66
  • Jul 26, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
151
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 30, 2026
ta66
T
G
Resolved Smoking Wiring Issue After GT40 Head Swap
  • Grapes
  • Aug 15, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
17
Views
450
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 22, 2026
Grapes
G
G
Electrical Getting good ground in 1991 Fox Vert for amps - getting popping noise when I turn on the lights?
  • gvanginkel403
  • Apr 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2
Replies
20
Views
582
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 21, 2026
gvanginkel403
G
J
Power Wire Upgrade Question
  • jhaling
  • Dec 21, 2025
  • SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
308
SN95 4.6L Mustang Tech Mar 23, 2026
Noobz347
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • Mustang Sound & Shine All
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?