Progress Thread Finally got a new truck

So far I love it. It’s so damn smooth. I’ve driven the same 2000 Tacoma for 20 years. The Toyota is still in great shape, but the Ford is a whole different animal.

• Sponsors (?)

Congrats on the purchase!! My dad has a ‘18 and it’s the reason I got mine. Tune it and your world will open up. Mine is a 2020 F150 5.0 4x4 with an OZ Tune and it is a lot more fun than when it was stock.

Be sure to watch the oil consumption on it. My dads was eating two to three quarts between oils changes due to the throttle going all the way closed when lifting on the gas pedal. Took it to the dealership and they put it in the consumption protocol and reflashed the ECM. The new program keeps the TB from going 100% closed and that fixed the problem.

@AeroCoupe, I’ve been reading up on these for a while and a I appreciate the heads up. I know they can have their issues on certain things. I joined F150 Forum, and been getting good info there too. I am curious about your tune, I know they have something for the 10 speed trans too, please enlighten me. :pop:

Tune is a canned tune from OZ Tuning. Shifts are more consistent and not as lazy when driving nor ally, makes about 30 more hp, and when you are WOT in standard mode it feels like the stock Sport mode. Sport mode is a :leghump:ing animal. Truck breaks the tires loose on the 2-3 on 91 and will smash 3-4 on E-85. Has about 50 more hp on the E-85. Tune uses the four knock sensors to determine the fuel you are using.

I just got it yesterday and havent driven it much. Where can I find Sport mode. I messed around in the setting a little bit and couldnt find it.

Is the tune pretty pricey? I read around $500?

Keeping it. I’ve had the truck 20 years, it would be really hard to let go.

Attachments

• 29006ABB-8592-4681-A45A-2E756A9F76E1.jpeg
    29006ABB-8592-4681-A45A-2E756A9F76E1.jpeg
    874 KB · Views: 23
  • Love
Reactions: 1 user
Using Forscan.

All kinds of mods that you can do with if Ford’s software that is just turning things on and off. Like I have my flash to pass set at four rather than the factory three flashes. Turned the auto stop/start off as well. Lots of info on it over on F150forum.com and the other F150 sites.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 user