Progress Thread Reoccuring after repairs misfire codes and loss of power 2002 3.8L V6 convertible

IrishWolf1965

Oct 21, 2018
Seattle
Hey yall i have wrenched on cars for 15 years as a hobby.

That being said i dont know everything about cars so maybe yall can help a fella out.

I just rebuilt the power train and overhauled the engine of my 2002 ford mustang base model convertible 3.8L V6 due to it failing its last emissions test as well as having abrupt periodic power loss/accelerator lag even with the accelerator buried to the floor. (This would happen on flat stretches or hills it didnt seem to matter)

So i replaced the egr valve and the egr pressure sensor as well as the egr solenoid plus the ignition coil pack and spark cables and spark plugs as well as doing an oil change and replacing the air filter plus the fuel pump and fuel filter plus the injectors and the accelerator cable plus the exhaust headers and exhaust system with catalytic converters and muffler.
Then because i was already so far into her i went and replaced her brakes and rotors and shocks plus abs sensors as well as tires and wiper blades plus the fuses and battery etc etc then got her an alignment and did a compression test.(no loss). as well as another obd scan from my bosch 3100 obd ll reader.(no codes or dtc's)

Well she passed emissions and was acting like she was brand new for a few days but then out of the blue she starts up with the same problems (including misfire codes) that led to the rebuild.....

Thoughts anyone?

• Sponsors (?)