• Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech

replacement seats

  • Thread starter Thread starter harryo007
  • Start date Start date Oct 16, 2004
H

harryo007

New Member
Feb 20, 2004
34
0
0
Oct 16, 2004
#1
  • Oct 16, 2004
  • #1
I want to replace my stock low-back seats with some modern high-backs. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at Procar and also considering late model junkyard stuff. thanks for any advice or info
 
6

65racecoupe

Founding Member
Mar 24, 2002
1,066
0
0
Tempe, AZ
Oct 16, 2004
#2
  • Oct 16, 2004
  • #2
I love my Pro Car seats. They are sweet, but my car has the whold Trans Am racecar thing going - roll bar, 5 point harness, graphics, etc.

I think that they would look good in a more normal ride though. I hope you aren't fat. They are comfortable if you are of normal size. They are much safer as well.

You can do a search on this forum. You might find the couple of threads where people put in seats from junkyard cars.
 

Bad67MF

Member
Sep 29, 2004
60
0
6
Sparks Nevada
Oct 16, 2004
#3
  • Oct 16, 2004
  • #3
Seats

What year is your car? I got a nice set of racing seats from PeP Boys for $150.00 ea. The same seat Summit sells for over $200.00 they went in my 67" with just slight mods to the orig. mounting holes.
 
J

John Z

Founding Member
Sep 21, 2000
581
0
0
Morgantown WV
Oct 17, 2004
#4
  • Oct 17, 2004
  • #4
Did you do a search? This has been discussed frequently.
 

Hack

15 Year Member
Mar 23, 2004
1,945
13
69
Minneapolis
Oct 18, 2004
#5
  • Oct 18, 2004
  • #5
harryo007 said:
I want to replace my stock low-back seats with some modern high-backs. Does anyone have any suggestions? I've been looking at Procar and also considering late model junkyard stuff. thanks for any advice or info
Click to expand...
I found a couple buckets in a junkyard Mazda for $16 each. They are too wide to fit stock, but after cutting their framework off the bottom and fabbing up new stuff they fit fine. I'm sure there are a ton of better seats out there, but the price was right on these.

I also sat in a Geo at the junkyard and was surprised at how good the buckets felt - lots of support. I'm 6'4" though, so what fits me may not fit you. I would recommend you wander around and sit in a few cars.
 
7

70snake

New Member
Jul 4, 2004
61
0
0
Oct 18, 2004
#6
  • Oct 18, 2004
  • #6
Seats

I could set you up with a set of 70 Shelby high backs pretty cheap, and they would be a bolt in. They were re-covered about 10 years ago(white) and havent been touched since. shipping might be an issue though You can PM me if interested.
 
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

M
Electrical lights
  • Magnet86
  • Sep 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
7
Views
220
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Sep 14, 2026
Magnet86
M
Fox Full set of seats in the back of a hatch
  • keel
  • Aug 28, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
Replies
8
Views
274
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Aug 31, 2026
keel
S
Resolved 83 alternator wiring harness
  • sparten5000
  • Aug 2, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
154
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Aug 23, 2026
limp
G
Rigid-back booster seat for ‘05 convertible - recommendations needed
  • grigor108
  • Jan 18, 2026
  • 2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk-
Replies
0
Views
146
2005 - 2014 S-197 Mustang -General/Talk- Jan 18, 2026
grigor108
G
Power steering hoses
  • Teen'93stang5.0
  • Apr 3, 2026
  • 1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech
Replies
3
Views
259
1974 - 1978 Mustang II Talk & Tech Apr 14, 2026
Teen'93stang5.0
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-
  • Classic Mustang Specific Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?