Roush hood scoop test fit pics on my 69/70 MACH 1 inspired 05 GT

• Sponsors (?)

Cuba,

Looks sweet! I noted a comment regarding the size of the front fascia/chin spoiler being too large and looking bad. I disagree. The size of the CDC-Classic chin spoiler is appropriate for emulating the 69 Mach1. :hail2: However, on the original 69 it was mounted farther back and did not come out past the verticle line of the bumper. A slight increase in drag coefficient should be expected with the mounting profile on the 05. Do you have a direct side pic of it? (Of course being an aircraft mechanic you know this :D and it is not like you are flying or dragging it) Good choice. I hope you are leaving it flat black. :) I would love to see come side scoops and some white letter BF Goodriches on that bad boy! :nice:

Nice job.

Jennifer

you need to move your side stripe up to the middle of the door for the 69 look.
ford_64.jpg

Thats what i'm going to do with mine as soon as I get around to making it.

Looks good. :)

I almost mentioned the side stripe. But didn't want to seem bossy. :D

Here is one in my preferential color with rear louver and a side-by-side comparison to yours! :hail2:

cw69.jpg

46577884.100_1290.jpg

Jenns05Stang said:

Here is one in my preferential color with rear louver and a side-by-side comparison to yours! :hail2:

cw69.jpg

46577884.100_1290.jpg
Thanks but the car is inspired by the 69/70 model years. I don't want it to look exactly like it. My own vision of what I feel looks best besides I tried the stripe in the middle and it did not look good especially going over the C hump. Thanks and feel free to be bossy...free world. :D

The 69 and 70 are both beautiful representations of a classic sports car to emulate and your individualized representation is SHARP! I agree with the line up issue with the side strip. It would run into the c-scoop area and the package you have on the car is outstanding!

Again..Awesome job. :nice: ENJOY!

My VERY favorite 69 Boss 429.

Boss9.jpg

Attachments

• Boss9.jpg
    Boss9.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 93
No hole

Like they said in that other thread, cutting a hole in the hood may cause some hood shake. After I put my scoop on I noticed more shake.
I would go gloss black on the front chin to match. Just my opinion.

Awesome direction you are going with that car! :nice:

15584945efa4e9bcbe886a68c0c9ec93-.jpg

knight_rider69 said:
Looks Great! I'm curious though, why didn't you opt for the shaker system from CDC?

I saw the CDC folks at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA this past June, and asked about performance gains with the shaker. I was surprised to get a slight runaround on the answer, and finally heard an incredulous 2-4HP. On the 05 it's mostly for show, and hardly any go. $795 plus carving up your hood just doesn't justify it...

John

Jenns05Stang said:

What I like about the original side stripe is that it continues behind the rear wheel (the Graphic Express stripes do NOT), which ties into the chin and rear black spoilers. I'm going for a similar look, but I can't seem to settle on treatment for the side, and am leaving it alone for now. My son seems to think a BOSS C- or L-stripe would be cool, but that seems just a bit much for my daily driver. The rear louvers are a must, but the current $400 price tag means I wait until Christmas bonus time!

John

jwgroovin said:
I saw the CDC folks at the Ford Nationals in Carlisle, PA this past June, and asked about performance gains with the shaker. I was surprised to get a slight runaround on the answer, and finally heard an incredulous 2-4HP. On the 05 it's mostly for show, and hardly any go. $795 plus carving up your hood just doesn't justify it...

John
Could not have said it better myself and also if you see the CDC shaker in person it is way too small for this large hood. I plan to make my Roush scoop fully functional RAM air system when parts are out and available. $800 for CDC??? I would rather buy a cold air kit and tuner for the most bang for the buck!