Sad Story, my daughter was hit in the rear in her 1990 5.0.

straws

Dec 29, 2005
Well, I have been struggling with this accident for a couple weeks now. The other insurance does not want to pay for all the damage (20%), even though their insured hit my daughter in the rear. My daughter spun the tires in the rain, and lost speed, the other driver came up (too fast for conditions) and hit her in the rear.

So I am at a loss, because the car is a convertible, adn it shifter the rear of the body over.

Is there anywhere to list cars for sale? I am in St. Louis, and it is a 1990 LX, 5.0/AOD Convertible with 135k miles. Still running and driving good.

BTW sorry if I broke any etiqutte on the board, I did not see any 5.0 for sale section.

• Sponsors (?)

Well, I have been struggling with this accident for a couple weeks now. The other insurance does not want to pay for all the damage (20%), even though their insured hit my daughter in the rear. My daughter spun the tires in the rain, and lost speed, the other driver came up (too fast for conditions) and hit her in the rear.

So I am at a loss, because the car is a convertible, adn it shifter the rear of the body over.

Is there anywhere to list cars for sale? I am in St. Louis, and it is a 1990 LX, 5.0/AOD Convertible with 135k miles. Still running and driving good.

BTW sorry if I broke any etiqutte on the board, I did not see any 5.0 for sale section.

That's total BS, clearly the other person was at fault, did you get a police report? If sotake it up with the police.

Take 'em to justice court...no lawyer required and you probably have a good shot at winning. Heck, the insurance company may even capitulate instead of spending the money and time to present a defense.

sorry to hear that, hope your daughter is OK. I would suggest getting classic car insurance if you upgrade and daily drive a fox, regular insurance will give you only what it was last appraised for which will be nearly nothing if it is totaled or needs lots of work. I use Hagerty and my yearly policy is actuall less than regular policy. They will approve and value your vehicle based on the pictures and upgrades you submit. My 1990 GT is covered for $13,000 where as regular policy would pay out about $2,500.
Craigslist is a good place to try and sell the car as it is or part it out, just beware the scammers and non-engaged "buyers".