Saleen S281 Spolier on a 2000 Mustang GT - Does it cover the stock trunk holes?

SilverStallion

Founding Member
Mar 26, 2000
Ontario, Canada
I am considering ordering a Saleen S281 wing for my 2000 GT, but I am curiousif it will cover the stock holes that are in my 2000 GT as I do not want to have the trunk all filled and repainted.

Also, what is involved in stalling Bullitt side scoops - does the rear interior have to be removed?

Anyone with insight please advise.

Thanks.
~Darren

• Sponsors (?)

What about a Cobra R?

Cool. I like those wings.

Does anyone know where the Cobra R wing fits? It doesn't happen to hit the stock holes, does it?

Sorry, don't mean to hijack the thread. I just didn't feel like it was a good idea to start a whole new one for a different spoiler and the same question. :D

The S281 wing with the side pieces does not fit the 99/00 wing holes, the one without will fit. You can see how much closer to the edge of the wing the 'fingers' are on the 99/00 wing to match the holes.

I ordered the 02-03 wing for my car because I wanted the side pieces anyway.

spdfrkaby said:
The Steeda wing does not fit the 2000 trunk. I have no idea about other years. I just bought the S281 wing for my 2000. I think it looks best overall.

So, did your S281 wing cover the stock trunk holes? Do you have any pics of the wing installed? I would love to see the final product.

***Also, how difficult is it to hook up the 3rd brake light in the Saleen Wing?

Thanks.
~Darren

flsteed said:
Sorry another thread jack,, how bout stock '03 Cobra spoiler??
The 03 Cobra only covers the first 2 holes. I'll be posting a write up once I get a new brake light. I bought this one off classifieds and the brake light was broken.

219150_129_full.jpg

Just installed yesterday

Wade