Roush saleen wheel offset?

pbm.cc

Jun 24, 2004
I bought new tires all around the car and the front seem to pull towards the right at 60+mph.
I took it to Sears and they aligned it and it still does it. I took it back last weekend and it still does it. They say its done but I dont get it.
Today I noticed the the front driver side wheel is 3.75" offset and the front passanger side is 3.00".
the front driver side is 18" x9" and both rear wheels are 18x10" so those are right.
My question is: Do you think that the fact that the wheel is probably a wheel for the rear on a set ot 18x9" and is on the front is throwing off the alignment?

If I bring this to their attention, do you think that they can align it correctly?
I really dont have $ to spend on a new wheel from Saleen!:(

• Sponsors (?)

I bought new tires all around the car and the front seem to pull towards the right at 60+mph.
I took it to Sears and they aligned it and it still does it. I took it back last weekend and it still does it. They say its done but I dont get it.
Today I noticed the the front driver side wheel is 3.75" offset and the front passanger side is 3.00".
the front driver side is 18" x9" and both rear wheels are 18x10" so those are right.
My question is: Do you think that the fact that the wheel is probably a wheel for the rear on a set ot 18x9" and is on the front is throwing off the alignment?

If I bring this to their attention, do you think that they can align it correctly?
I really dont have $ to spend on a new wheel from Saleen!:(

I think your problem is that Sears is aligning it. When I replaced my wheels......the shop that I got the tires from (merchants) didn't have the program to align a saleen (it's different than a mustang GT and Cobra because of the suspension setup from what I understand). Sears is probably just giving you a GT alignment because they don't have a saleen program.

I'd take it to a ford dealership (specifically a saleen one), have them align it, and then see if the problem goes away.

I think your problem is that Sears is aligning it. When I replaced my wheels......the shop that I got the tires from (merchants) didn't have the program to align a saleen (it's different than a mustang GT and Cobra because of the suspension setup from what I understand). Sears is probably just giving you a GT alignment because they don't have a saleen program.

I'd take it to a ford dealership (specifically a saleen one), have them align it, and then see if the problem goes away.

mmm... I wonder if Sears will give me the $ back since they basically made the problem worse!?:(

That radical difference in offset in your front wheels will never align properly. This is what racers do, on purpose, since they are only turning right! lol Meaning, differential wheel and tire sizes and offsets in some cases. As to your issue, you need to find another wheel that matches your preferred offset, whichever looks better 3.00" or 3.75". There are a lot of replica options available, even super rare, highly coveted Saleen wheels are reasonably priced, if you only need one!! Good luck.