Shaker 500 Stereo (6 CD changer) - Anyone ever switch out the entire Face-plate on a stock radio?

chgovfk

10 Year Member
Apr 17, 2007
AZ
Shaker 500 Stereo - Anyone ever switch out the entire Face-plate (Faceplate only) on a stock shaker radio? A few buttons started to 'chip' off the radio faceplate...the radio and CD player work great ....just wanted to know if anyone has attempted this? Looking for pointers before I tear it all apart ...couldn't find anything on the ole inter-webber

• Sponsors(?)

EmmJay

Jun 16, 2019
USA
I watched a video a while back where a guy did this. It didn't look that hard to do. They are also a lot of restore kits for the buttons etc.

Last edited:

chgovfk

10 Year Member
Apr 17, 2007
AZ
ok thanks ....I'm getting close to tearing it all out and seeing what it takes ...I'll post some pictures etc.

Sycostang67

Sep 27, 2019
Kuna, ID
Do you need a donor head unit? I have the shaker 500 stereo from my 06 that looks brand new. It has an internal issue and I don't feel right selling it to someone. I'd let you have it for the cost of shipping if you're interested.

Reactions: chgovfk

chgovfk

10 Year Member
Apr 17, 2007
AZ
Do you need a donor head unit? I have the shaker 500 stereo from my 06 that looks brand new. It has an internal issue and I don't feel right selling it to someone. I'd let you have it for the cost of shipping if you're interested.
Thanks, Sycostang67 ...I do appreciate that .....shoot me a picture of it (front faceplate) when you can ....I just now got the 07 mustang into 'my' garage for 'detail' and or all the other work I plan on doing to it besides general maintenance etc......I just bought a brand new (2020 fusion) ....and with 598.2 miles on it some 'mo-mo' hit me square in the 'butt' in a taco stand 'drive-thru' so I was driving the 07 to work, etc .....but that would rock ...the faceplate I bought does not 'say' shaker 500 on it .....thanks again