Should I put a sound system?

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
I've been going on and on about this yet I'm still not sure if I want a system in my car. Last year I didn't put a radio in the car. But I kept most of my small system from the ZX2 which is:

2x 6.5" Infinity Kappa speakers
2x 6x9" Infinity Kappa speakers
Rockford 1000w 4 channel amp

The stuff I kept are all of good quality but I don't think my hatchback is the "best" car for sound nut like me. I like sound quality not DB levels.

All I need is a good MP3/CD deck, some wires and maybe another amp and a 10" subwoofer hidden in the spare tire area. I think I could hide my 4 channel amp somewhere behind a plastic panel and only leave a 4" computer fan so the amp won't overheat.

I don't like "showing off" a car sound system and I spent so much time trying to loose some weight on the car and I'm about to add some with a sound system :nonono: I like to go to the drive-in sometimes or listen to music while I'm outside or something. The antenna hole is welded up so I would hide an antenna somewhere over the headliner.

• Sponsors (?)

With a deck, Defenatly go Pioneer, probably one of the best decks ive ever encountered, ive had one in everyone one of my cars, and just bought a new one for my stang, but depending on how much money you want to speend i would go for the Pioneer DEH - P80, i just got the the P4700 cause im poor, will be installing it with kicker 5.25 component in the kick panel and kicker 6.5 in the door, no subs, cause its pointless in a vert i think... good luck with it, infinity makes some nasty speakers always sound great

Yeah on the ZX2 I had a MP3500 I think... great stereo, easy controls and whatnot. I may go JVC, Pioneer or Alpine for my next deck.

I like the Kappa speakers, they had nice sound quality despite the stock location in the ZX2. With more cash I'd make custom door panels and angle the speakers upwards for a better sound... I won't even start with the stock rear speaker mounting method on a hatch... again I'm picky for sound quality (yet I have a 300$ RCA sound "system" at home) LMAO!

Sound System

I just finished mine off, I replaced the factory deck two yrs ago. I found that driving with the top down caused much of the sound to be just lost. This past month I added an MB quart 800W 4 channel amp, sub, and alpine speakers front & rear. Top up or top down sound system sounds good & clear. I had to notch out the rear panel in the trunk to slip in the sub, we also mounted the amp to the back of the sub box. At least this way I can still get my golf clubs in the trunk.

I don't listen to music while driving in the 'stang.. didn't even bother putting the stock radio in last summer. People can't drive too well in my area so I try to keep my ears open as well... Actually a loud exhaust kind of wakes people up around me too but anyway....