Progress Thread Snow - 93 GT Vert. My first Ford, Mustang, convertible, ...

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_2738.jpeg

Let’s just say things didn’t go as planned. So crazy how easy it is to go off track on something you have been planning on your head for weeks.

I’m sure it’s fine, just annoying in the moment to watch yourself make some basic mistakes.

Though it’s one of the reasons I enjoy working on cars. The finality and accountability of your work is incredibly simple. There is not too much ambiguity in this type of work. Either you got it right, or you don’t. And then you have to tear it all down and do the exact same thing again. Simple.

I decided to go with the ends as manufacturer recommended and it was what my block previously had.

First mistake - if you degrade the integrity of a RTV tube, don’t try to “make it work”. First, always have a unopened spare. Or if needed, run to the store. A simple hole in the side of the paste tube screws everything up.

The studs go into the outside holes, the idea is/was the outside gasket hole were slotted, install studs, hang the headers, drop the gaskets from the top onto the studs, install bolts, tighten as needed.
A lot of members just use red high temp gasket stuff, at least some claim to.

Reactions: 1 user
How many of us are at a soccer tournament all day today and not working on their toilet (mechanic at my first job called all cars toilets)?

My 17yo just (kids these days) got his license and my wife won’t let him drive himself like 45 min away. Reason being she doesn’t think he can look at his phone for directions while driving. I’m not sure she is wrong, but none the less out the door this morning like 745am and won’t be home till like 6Pm. Not to mention it’s red RTV temps out here today.

So yea - thanks for listening to me complain. That’s the update!

• Haha
Wut stuff?
You know GASKET stuff that's RED :shrug:
GASKET stuff.... LOL
RED GASKET STUFF !!!
How many of us are at a soccer tournament all day today and not working on their toilet (mechanic at my first job called all cars toilets)?

My 17yo just (kids these days) got his license and my wife won’t let him drive himself like 45 min away. Reason being she doesn’t think he can look at his phone for directions while driving. I’m not sure she is wrong, but none the less out the door this morning like 745am and won’t be home till like 6Pm. Not to mention it’s red RTV temps out here today.

So yea - thanks for listening to me complain. That’s the update!
Teenager with a drivers licence and a cell phone.
We're here for you buddy, emotional backup.

Reactions: 1 users
You know GASKET stuff that's RED :shrug:

RED GASKET STUFF !!!

Teenager with a drivers licence and a cell phone.
We're here for you buddy, emotional backup.
I hate to sound like a bad dad, but I really don't miss those days..... Select Soccer team for my oldest..... Non stop forever it seemed......

• Haha
I hate to sound like a bad dad, but I really don't miss those days..... Select Soccer team for my oldest..... Non stop forever it seemed......
Yup, this

Weekend over. Got the extra game into the championship but lost in PKs, so super waste ... I kid I kid!!?!???!

Weekend over. Tomorrow morning funeral of a friend my age who didnt wake up last week. Kinda stinky here, so if I get to the car later tonight it will feel like a relief.

I thought I created a list here of next steps, but I cant seem to find the post. Ill retype, I believe this is whats left in which order
  1. The lower intake coolant, et al fittings.
  2. Exhaust headers and down pipe
  3. Heat pipe
  4. Valve covers
  5. Fuel rail / injectors / lines
  6. Upper intake
  7. EGR spacer
  8. TB
  9. Remaining Vacuum connections
  10. Distributor / plug wires
  11. Radiator / Electric Fan
  12. Accessories / AC delete / PS Pump and lines
  13. Battery
Any comments on scope or ordering?

Last edited:
Weekend over. Tomorrow morning funeral of a friend my age who didnt wake up last week. Kinda stinky here, so if I get to the car later tonight it will feel like a relief.
My condolences.... The only good thing about funerals is it seems the only time family seems to be together and you see friends you havent seen in a long time.....

I thought I created a list here of next steps, but I cant seem to find the post. Ill retype, I believe this is whats left in which order
  1. The lower intake coolant, et al fittings.
Beer :cheers:
  1. Exhaust headers and down pipe
  1. Heat pipe
  2. Valve covers
  1. Fuel rail / injectors / lines
  1. Upper intake
  2. EGR spacer
  3. TB
  1. Remaining Vacuum connections
  1. Distributor / plug wires
  1. Radiator / Electric Fan
  1. Accessories / AC delete / PS Pump and lines
  1. Battery
Any comments on scope or ordering?

That should do it. :chin

Reactions: 1 users
Gasket shopping list:

Any got a AC delete and Smog delete serpentine belt they like? I believe its either 72.5" or 73". Im having trouble finding a part number. If I cant, ill prolly just go to AZ to get what they have. Maybe these?
  1. Amazon product ASIN B08SNX7SRY
    View: https://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-Belts-1060730-Serpentine-Length/dp/B08SNX7SRY
  2. Amazon product ASIN B08SP9CWP1
    View: https://www.amazon.com/Goodyear-1060725-Serpentine-6-Rib-Length/dp/B08SP9CWP1

Deciding against under drive pulley's for this go around. Going to save some money there. Frankly, if Im going to spend more money I want it to be on new roller rockers.

What else am I missing? I havnt decided about the MAF and TB yet. I will wait until ive got everything assembled to figure that out. Might be more money there :(
How is it possible, with all the super amazing Fox Body knowledge here, that no one ... and I mean no one ... noticed my mistake? Whats this, 2 months later and I find out?

Funny part is the pic checked out as they fit my 1986 Cobalt 21BR. I just replaced them this spring.